Great purchase if you don't want to create your own.

Steve Harder

• 7 months later...
14 hours ago, Max Arwood said:

It seems like the easy way into articulation maps. 

I encourage you to hands-on create an articulation map for a favorite vst instrument you own.  Each library has subtle differences in how artic maps control it.  Doing a couple of diy maps will help you understand issues that may drop up.

• Like 1

I dunno if I'd lay out 80 bucks for this, as cool as it seems. That's $80 to save maybe an hour's work. Perhaps if I had a few dozen more VIs it might pencil out better.

Do they have an installer that lets you choose which maps you want, or do you have to add 7,000 unneeded files to your drive?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bitflipper said:

I dunno if I'd lay out 80 bucks for this, as cool as it seems. That's $80 to save maybe an hour's work. Perhaps if I had a few dozen more VIs it might pencil out better.

Do they have an installer that lets you choose which maps you want, or do you have to add 7,000 unneeded files to your drive?

The $80 is what I am still thinking about. Im going to do one or two before I decide.

On 11/7/2021 at 9:06 AM, Steve Harder said:
On 11/6/2021 at 7:18 PM, Max Arwood said:

It seems like the easy way into articulation maps. 

I encourage you to hands-on create an articulation map for a favorite vst instrument you own. 

I should have mentioned in my previous post, even though I've diyed some maps, I do own ArtConductor and think it's a good use of money.  Doing some diy gives you an appreciation for all the work involved.

For instance their implementation for EW Opus HO include new instrument definitions that take you lots of time to create.

Fwiw.

12 hours ago, User 905133 said:

Can you recommend any text-based, progressive,  step-by-step tutorials that break down the overall task into chunks?

As I have time over next days I'll attempt to create a tutorial for diy artic maps with lots of printscreens.  

Reply and tell me what sample library you want to start with and I'll try to use it as a starting point.

Because Cubase users have had expression maps for a while a great jumping in point is to find a downloadable Cubase expression map and have Cakewalk import it.

In the meantime a couple of my previous threads give you a look at my early attempts, with troubleshooting comments.

Artic maps do have a learning curve but once you integrate them you can have a creative workflow with fewer distractions while you make use of the full capabilities of your libraries.

And the official reference guide has lots of details on the Articulation Map editor.  Page 855 in latest download.

https://bandlab.github.io/cakewalk/docs/Cakewalk Reference Guide.pdf

• Thanks 1