Noob question; How do I create a reverb send?

PAUL KEENAN

I presume you have an audio track and you want to add reverb?

If so:

Click on the track number in the audio track. (It is in the top left corner of the track.)
If you don't see this bit to the left of the track, press the i key
861729586_2021-03-1020_44_54-Cakewalk-UntitledProject1-Track.jpg.3b8f8e2d54b7bb7218d5aa5c5cc3b8c5.jpg

Click on the button which is now orange in this screenshot. Looks like a knob. In the screenshot above it is just to the left of the button View.
2123246951_2021-03-1020_45_59-Cakewalk-UntitledProject1-Track.jpg.e685c0fd0450fef0042c748e310851c3.jpg

Just below that orange button, click on the + sign. To the right of Untitled.
At the top of the list that appears, click on BREVERB 2.
Scroll down.
You see this.
61542632_2021-03-1020_47_51-Cakewalk-UntitledProject1_-Track.jpg.956c227dac31e0907e85210534351b96.jpg

It is a reverb module.

Edited by Nigel Mackay
  • Like 1

That will add reverb to the prochannel on that track.

To create a reverb send, you need to create a new bus for the reverb to live in. Name it "reverb". Route it to master. Add a reverb to the fx slot of the bus. In your original track, add a send to your "reverb" bus. Now you can control the level of the verb with the knob.

On 3/10/2021 at 9:35 PM, David A Ludwig said:

To create a reverb send, you need to create a new bus for the reverb to live in. Name it "reverb". Route it to master. Add a reverb to the fx slot of the bus. In your original track, add a send to your "reverb" bus. Now you can control the level of the verb with the knob.

I click add stereo bus and see nothing.

On 3/10/2021 at 9:35 PM, David A Ludwig said:

How do i create and see the bus, how do I route to master?

John's layout is bog standard for Track View, and he even goes over to the Console View to show what it looks like there. The only possible hitch I can think of is that he has his Bus Pane showing at the start of the video and I'm not sure if that is open by default. If not, there is an arrow button at the lower right corner of the Track/Bus headers that will open it.

The Cakewalk Reference Guide, downloadable from this forum, has good information about setting up Send tracks, too.

If someone still can't figure it out after all this, the next thing I would suggest is that they check the program's title bar up at the top and make sure they're actually running Cakewalk. If so, maybe Cakewalk's not the best fit.

• Like 2