Ribbon vs Dome tweeters

Tezza

I am updating my monitors and was wondering if ribbon vs dome tweeters is a thing. Aside from the frequency and quality differences, I was also thinking about ear fatigue and tinnitus. If you have sensitive ears, or might be prone to tinnitus, are ribbon tweeters better than dome tweeters? Has anyone moved from dome to ribbon or vice versa, if so, what did you find?

• 2 weeks later...

I used to have an Event ASP 6 for a long time. Dome tweeter. I liked it a lot, but I eventually added a subwoofer.

Last year I got an Adam A8X. Ribbon.  It has far better bass and high end, but I think it really needs a midrange driver to be perfect.

Still I like it a lot better and the high end is excellent. It definitely does not need a subwoofer. I can feel the air from the ports 10 feet away. I like having a power switch on the front. It is easy to adjust the curves.

My ears are not so good anymore (I wonder why?), so take that into account. I would not call them harsh at all.

It does require a few days of break-in, maybe longer. I fed it pink noise for a week with both speakers out-of-phase facing one another.