Missing Plug-in on mysterious clip

jkoseattle

Question

I've been ignoring this little nuisance for forever, finally getting around to asking about it. 

When opening any project based on a particular template I have, I always get the "Missing Plug-in" dialog which I must click out of before I can begin working. Normally, I would simply go to where CW says the plug-in was and remove it (i.e. in the Master bus, etc.). But I have a missing plug-in that says this:

QL Spaces (Clip: '')

"QL Spaces" is the name of the missing plug-in. I don't name my clips, so every clip in every project I own is called ''. The problem is that since the template has this missing plug-in problem, of course every project I base on it has it as well. 

Before you start typing that I need to open the template and un-hide every track and look for a stray clip I have hanging around, well I've done that. I can't find anything. How else might I go about removing this missing plug-in from this phantom clip?

6 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Nigel Mackay said:

Could be that the clip doesn't actually exist. Especially as accepting the plugin as missing and saving the template doesn't work.

That's my assumption too. But if that's the case, then why am I getting the missing plug-in dialog every time?