Distribute Midi Notes Evenly Across Selected

Hi there - is there a feature or CAL script that would take the selected notes evenly over the time period of the selected? Unfortunately none of the quantization settings work for a fill I have on drums which is essentially triplets of triplets (not sure if that's a thing but I play this fill all the time and equates to 9 notes per quarter note. So since I can't quantize I'm looking to set the relative positioning close, select all 9 and then distribute evenly - very common feature in graphic programs like power point, if that helps describe it better.

Thanks in advance,

Scott

This is what quantize does. If none of the settings work then all I can think is your using a none standard time signature 

To figure out quantize settings take an perfect example of your fill, zoom in and then keep changing the grid settings until you find one that lines up with the notes. 
Set the grid to triplets and keep going up 1/16.  Etc I’d be surprised if it didn’t line up at 1/32 triplets 

Edited by John Vere

I will trying using the grid settings to see if it helps guide, but as per my OP the quantization options don't work for my fill. 1/32nd triplets I believe give you 12 notes per beat and I'm playing 9 notes. This could be accomplished with a change in time signature, although I'm not really changing time and I'm worried any adjustment to time signature would mess up all of my tempo mapping.

I may just have to increase the resolution of the grid and eyeball it (or play it as clean as I can).

Thanks for the suggestion on changing the grid - that might help.

There's a thing called groove quantize that maybe you could use. The manual describes this in detail. Synopsis:

Groove Quantizing is a way to edit a track so that its rhythmic feeling and, optionally, controller data are similar to some other piece of music. The other piece of music forms a groove pattern that you store in a groove file, which has an extension of .grv.

First, construct one beat or measure of the pattern you'd like to emulate. Craft the timing and the accent you want to reproduce. Save that as a groove. Then you can apply that to a different sequence of nine notes to reproduce the timing and accents.