2 x KT LA-2A Clones

2 x KT 1176 Clones

2 x Golden Age 81 EQs (Pultec Clones)

dbx 266xs Stereo Compressor/Limiter/Gate 

Rane Headphone amp

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 3

Presonus Studio 1810c audio interface.

ART Pro MPAII Reference Series Mic Pre - The 'Reference Series' means it has factory upgraded tubes and blue backlit VU's.

ART Pro VLA II Vactrol/Tube Leveling Amplifier.

Blue Bluebird condenser mic.

AKG K240 MKII headphones.

Korg X5 keyboard.

I'd like to get a new controller/drum pad/keyboard combo some day. My X5 is really old. It works perfectly but it's just a basic midi keyboard. It's so old I had to replace the internal battery. I soldered in a battery holder because the new 2032's do not last like they used to and I figured I'd be replacing it in another 5 or so years.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2021 at 1:20 PM, Bapu said:

RME Fireface UFX

check

Adam Sub8

Well the "7" here

AEA R84 Ribbon Mic

Sold it, now I have the R88mkII I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, (does we see a pattern here?) I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it (I should stop; right?)

2 x UA LA610 preamps

Well 2 x LA-610 (sold my 6176)

t

Edited by DeeringAmps

18 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

@Bapu you ever have the UFX misbehave? this was like a digital over in the cans that didn't show up in the recording.
I assumed, (there's that A S S out of you and me thing) I had a bad DAC...

t

Nope, not yet.

• Thanks 1

RME UFX + ARC USB

Behringer ADA8200

UA LA610 MkII

Warm Audio WA73 Eq

Drawmer MX 60

Klark Teknik KT76

Millenium PB16 XLR In/Out

Heil PR40 (Mike)

Lewitt LCT 440 Pure

Avantone CK-1 B

Røde Nt1-A

Fluid FX80

IK iLoud Micro

Console 1 (original)

UAD Octocore USB, Duo Core FW (+ Apollo Solo for mobile use, or for the preamps/amp sims)

Presonus Faderport 16

NI S25

NI A61

nOb

Kensington Trackball

Total reset and W are your friends in total mix.

While it has not misbehaved, there have been times i couldn't explain what it was doing until later.

Hit w... save in a slot... Total reset... All fixed. 😁 . Later you can investigate the problem you had.

Also, i have some stuff too, but during covid i don't get to use it the way i like. 

I've been using my c414 or royer ribbon Mic to just record me practicing. I have learned some things about my gear during covid. 

I'm guessing a lot of people have been doing serious wood shedding during covid.

I can't wait for this to be over.

Tons of friends are straight up gigging. I'm jealous but i keep staying home.

Edited by Gswitz
  • Thanks 1

Perhaps some advice guys? I recently upgraded my MOBO,CPU,RAM (to Asus Prime B460 Plus, i5-10600, 16gb Corsair @2666). And on W10 (20H2). I have a M Audio Fast Track Pro which has given no trouble for 10 years. Now however I have dropouts, sputtering, etc not only in Cakewalk, but in Soundforge, TRacks 5. I have adjusted all settings to see if I could improve things but to no avail. Strangely on screen when audio drops out the meters are still running. It can happen at any point.

I therefore think my M Audio has had its day.Its drivers are from 2015 and worked no problem on W10 until the h/ware upgrade (unless you know of some miracle cure). I have a limited budget for an audio interface and need midi ports. I do like to look of the Presonus Studio 24C. Any feedback on this device would be welcome.

Thanks

TA

Edited by TracingArcs

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2021 at 11:37 AM, TracingArcs said:

.... I have a M Audio Fast Track Pro which has given no trouble for 10 years. Now however I have dropouts, sputtering, etc not only in Cakewalk, but in Soundforge, TRacks 5.... I therefore think my M Audio has had its day.Its drivers are from 2015 and worked no problem on W10 until the h/ware upgrade (unless you know of some miracle cure)...

If you were on Win10 before with no problems, then the Fast Track drivers should not be suddenly misbehaving with the same O.S.   Something else on your new system (not related to your interface drivers) is conflicting with something else. 

Try these for starters:

Disable power mgmt stuff in the BIOS (If you're comfortable navigating the BIOS).

New systems have a lot of crap pre-installed.  In startup, disable everything you don't recognize (Nothing here is critical, you can easily undo them).

Temporarily disable wi-fi and anti-virus.

Run latencymon to identify any background tasks that are taking up lots of resources. 

Connect your interface to a different USB port.  The Fast Track is USB2, so stick with that over USB3.

Let us know how it goes!

On 3/22/2021 at 2:07 AM, TracingArcs said:

Perhaps some advice guys? I recently upgraded my MOBO,CPU,RAM (to Asus Prime B460 Plus, i5-10600, 16gb Corsair @2666). And on W10 (20H2). I have a M Audio Fast Track Pro which has given no trouble for 10 years. Now however I have dropouts, sputtering, etc not only in Cakewalk, but in Soundforge, TRacks 5. I have adjusted all settings to see if I could improve things but to no avail. Strangely on screen when audio drops out the meters are still running. It can happen at any point.

I therefore think my M Audio has had its day.Its drivers are from 2015 and worked no problem on W10 until the h/ware upgrade (unless you know of some miracle cure). I have a limited budget for an audio interface and need midi ports. I do like to look of the Presonus Studio 24C. Any feedback on this device would be welcome.

Thanks

TA

It's not seen as compatible with windows 10 according to AVID, the latest driver release states:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jan 19. 2016

This is the final driver release for the Fast Track Pro

Qualified with Windows 7, 8, 8.1

Note that Windows 10 (or later) is not compatible and will not be qualified

Fixed noise or pops/clicks when streaming with Fast Track Pro's S/PDIF output enabled

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While it still "may" work with Windows 10 "occasionally" and with some fiddling around, it's not worth the hassle.  Ditch the audio interface would be my suggestion.

I am looking around for a small USB powered audio device also, just for traveling. I was a bit dismayed by the pricing here in Australia. They seem to have gone up a bit since I last bought one. I thought the Presonus 24c would be up there since Presonus gear tends to be a bit more expensive but in fact it is priced quite well according to the competition. Looks like a nice option.

Looks like a completely different connection to standard USB connections so that may need to be taken into account:

https://www.presonus.com/learn/technical-articles/What-Is-Usb-C

Further research reveals that you can get adapter cables from standard USB A to USB C but whether or not that works successfully on all devices, I don't know.

Edited by Tezza

12 hours ago, JonD said:

If you were on Win10 before with no problems, then the Fast Track drivers should not be suddenly misbehaving with the same O.S.   Something else on your new system (not related to your interface drivers) is conflicting with something else. 

Try these for starters:

Disable power mgmt stuff in the BIOS (If you're comfortable navigating the BIOS).

New systems have a lot of crap pre-installed.  In startup, disable everything you don't recognize (Nothing here is critical, you can easily undo them).

Temporarily disable wi-fi and anti-virus.

Run latencymon to identify any background tasks that are taking up lots of resources. 

Connect your interface to a different USB port.  The Fast Track is USB2, so stick with that over USB3.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks JonD. The system has had all the tweaks necessary. Installed LatencyMon. And tit says the system is fine for audio.  There's no onboard wifi etc. The drivers were never passed for W10, but were originally for XP/7/8. My old system was on the first i3 540 and Gigabyte H55M mobo from 2010. So I think it's just falling over now. And looking on forums etc many others are finding the Fast Track Pro is no longer working on W10. So I think it's time to upgrade.

12 hours ago, Tezza said:

It's not seen as compatible with windows 10 according to AVID, the latest driver release states:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jan 19. 2016

This is the final driver release for the Fast Track Pro

Qualified with Windows 7, 8, 8.1

Note that Windows 10 (or later) is not compatible and will not be qualified

Fixed noise or pops/clicks when streaming with Fast Track Pro's S/PDIF output enabled

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While it still "may" work with Windows 10 "occasionally" and with some fiddling around, it's not worth the hassle.  Ditch the audio interface would be my suggestion.

I am looking around for a small USB powered audio device also, just for traveling. I was a bit dismayed by the pricing here in Australia. They seem to have gone up a bit since I last bought one. I thought the Presonus 24c would be up there since Presonus gear tends to be a bit more expensive but in fact it is priced quite well according to the competition. Looks like a nice option.

Looks like a completely different connection to standard USB connections so that may need to be taken into account:

https://www.presonus.com/learn/technical-articles/What-Is-Usb-C

Further research reveals that you can get adapter cables from standard USB A to USB C but whether or not that works successfully on all devices, I don't know.

Thanks Tezza. I was using the last driver. I think I was just lucky as many can no longer use the device on W10. I'm going to go for the Presonus 26c which is £145 here as it has much improved specs than the 24c. And the 24c has an achilles heel in a low headphone output.

• 2 weeks later...