What was I thinkin'?

freddy j

This song is just for fun.  No social observations or pontificating.  The subject of this song finally got the girl of his dreams to say that she loves him.  Now he wonders if he should commit to her.  His friends think that she is crazy for loving him. Hmmm!?! 

It was my intent to create a small venue, open jam type type of feel to this song.  You might find that the style is rather loose (understatement not intended).

Anyway, I hope you get a bit of a giggle from this attempt.  As always comments, crit.'s, suggestions, etc. will be appreciated.

Thanks!

WHAT WAS I THINKIN'?

https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandid=963481

• Like 3

Hi tom.  Thanks for trying again!  I appreciate it.  I get nervous using reverb/delay on vocals because of my tendency to abuse it but I just had to use it on this song.  Thanks for listening and the thumb!!!

Hi David.  Perhaps it was "Mars Attacks" or perhaps the super Sun flares that we have been warned about?  Probably not. 😏

Hi Nigel.  I have to go back to the basic, raw side of the Blues every once in a while.  To misquote John Lee Hooker - it's in me and gotta get out.  I appreciate your taking the time to listen and for the kind words.

• Like 2

Hi Jack C.  Thanks very much for listening and the encouragement!

Hi Douglas.  I threw in a bit of Do-Wop on the ending vocals. I guess that makes this a dowopabluesabilly song (?).  Thanks very much for listening and for your comments!

Hey David.  You're probably right -Mars attacks.  I appreciate your taking time to listen, for the kind words, and for the probable solution of Mars attacks.

Hi Bert.  I'm very glad that you liked it!  Thanks for listening to it and for your kind response!

Hi Makke.  Thanks very much for listening and for the kind words.  BTW, I really liked your last song post!

Thank you very much Gary.   I very much appreciate your taking time to listen and comment!

Hey Bjorn.  I have been listening to a wide variety of music recently and I enjoy much of it.  However, it always comes home to the music that as a wee, little, pre-teenie bopper I grew up with.  Yup, good old Blues and r 'n r.  Thanks for the kind words pal!

Hey Freddy, I close my eyes and listen to this and suddenly it's over -- I open my eyes and I'm shocked that I'm *not* sitting in some roadside joint -- that's very disorienting mate -- :) -- another good one from you -- Allan.

Hey Wookiee.  Thank you my furry friend.  I appreciate the encouragement and your taking the time to listen and comment.

Hi Hidden Symmetry.  I am very glad that you enjoyed it Thanks for listening and commenting.

Hi John B.  I did have fun with this song.  I am doing this stuff for a wee bit of learning and self entertainment.  So, having fun is a big part of the formula.  Thanks for the kind words!

Hi Allan.  I very much appreciate the very kind words.  While I'm sorry that it disoriented you but I am glad that it took you somewhere.  Thanks again!!!

Hi Lynn.  Thanks for listening and the encouragement.  Thanks also for agreeing to "give it a go" with the stuff I sent you.  Given your talent - you can only make it better.