What Is Your Claim To Fame?

garybrun

4 minutes ago, Gswitz said:

I think i won a prize in second grade for my leaf collection. Since then it's been downhill.

We were too poor to have leaves when I was in 2nd grade. Can't get more downhill than that I'd think.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Bapu said:

We were too poor to have leaves when I was in 2nd grade. Can't get more downhill than that I'd think.

Oh you had a downhill did you? Talk about lucky.

Where I lived everything was uphill.

Edited by paulo
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, RobertWS said:

Same here, I had to walk 20 miles to school...both ways uphill....barefoot....naked....in a rainstorm.

Naked you say???

You had it so good........I had to wear a Liverpool football kit.

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I guess my 15 minutes of fame came in about 1981, when our band was interviewed on radio station KTYD in Santa Barbara, CA. It was actually closer to an hour, though.
We had just recorded 4 songs at a local studio (garage) and were featured on their 'New Music' hour. I think it was a Sunday.
I was just the rhythm guitar player and I sang a little, so we all assumed that the main guy, Silvester Hernandez would do most of the talking since he wrote most of the songs and did most of the singing. But once they got started, everybody just clammed up, even our loquacious drummer Scott Slicton (RIP). I don't know if it was stage fright or what, but we began with a lot of dead air.
So I started talking and pretty much had the stage to myself.
The DJ asked questions and played our 4 songs, and since KTYD was at that time one of the more popular stations in that area, our music was heard by possibly thousands of people that night.
Okay, maybe hundreds.

• Like 2