PINK FLOYD DRUMS (for free)

Dave Klein

2 hours ago, Dave Klein said:

These drums are for Kontakt and the samples are also included. FOR FREE!

https://ko-fi.com/anydaylong

Are you the person making these libraries and giving them away free? If so, I just wanted to say thanks and I have been really impressed on how well you nail these sounds. If you're not the person making them, thanks for spreading the word about this cool find. 

• Thanks 1

@Lemar Sain I immediately made the same connection when I became aware of these great freebies from AnyDayLong. On AnyDayLong's page they write that they (he?) had formerly coded a lot of drum libraries for another KONTAKT sample developer before going off on their own. Based on the vibe and the vocals on the demos, it seems extremely likely that the person behind AnyDayLong was formerly with Past to Future Reverbs. In any event, I appreciate them both and think AnyDayLong has been really generous and doing a great job with the KONTAKT libraries -- really nailing the sounds they are trying to recreate, and how can we not appreciate that they are giving them away free. Very cool. I'm a fan. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hey this is a call out to anyone, I have a friend that is looking for an Alex Van Halen sounding drum kit sample library with one sided toms like the one featured in this video. Can anyone recommend a drum sample library that captures that sound? 

4 hours ago, Dave Klein said:

Maybe anydaylong can handle this?

Well, this friend of mine is actually a brilliant sample developer himself. I was telling him about AnyDayLong's libraries and my suspicion that he's the person who did the drum libraries for Past to Future Reverbs and my friend then tells me he absolutely loves them, so I believe we have a new AnyDayLong fan. Then he asks me if I know of any drum sample libraries that really capture that Alex Van Halen tom sound, no doubt wondering if there are libraries that really nail the sound like AnyDayLong is able to do.  So I know he'd love that. 

Of course, AnyDayLong, this mysterious sample developer, is great at this stuff. I was wasn't putting in a request though. And heck, if I had a request, I might ask for something I want! I bet we could do a poll and crowdsource what drum libraries people most want from future AnyDayLong libraries. Although every drum sample library developer seems to try for a John Bonham library, I don't think many have nailed that iconic "When the Levee Breaks" sound. That would be my first vote. I might also wish for anything Jon Brion-ish. Yes, he totally goes for a Beatle-esque Ringo tone, but the snare is a bit different. I am an old former working drummer, so I love the tone of drums and love what AnyDayLong has done so far, as I have previously made clear. I'm also a huge Radiohead, Beatles and Zeppelin fan, so AnyDayLong has already covered two out of three. 

I admit, I am intrigued by figuring out the identity of AnyDayLong and I suspect I have figured it out, but since this person seems to prefer to remain shrouded in mystery, I'll leave it be and just express my gratitude.  So thank you very much. 

• Like 1