Latest version closes down suddenly

SteenE

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Such a sucky thing to finally upgrade to a new PC - highest possible specs in every regard, and still get crashes. Just lost 3 hours work 😢
Misery definitely loves company, just keen to know when there will be a fix I guess.

The latest crash was while using a third party VST, Isotope VocalSynth 2. 

Edited by Alio Loco

• 1 year later...

Cakewalk by Bandlab has never crashed and shutdown until the beginning of 2021. I use windows 10 with google chrome browser and Finale notation software for my mock-ups. I would download the midi files to cakewalk then use vst 2's ad vst 3's and 2 or 3 FX's for the mix. All 3 apps started freezing up and not opening so, I thought I had malware or a virus. I ran widows defender and other malware apps. And  decided to first re-install google chrome, it worked after the re-install, then I re-installed Finale notation, I updated Bandlab and updated cakewalk. Google chrome is working opening and closing, Finale notation is opening but it comes up telling me missing sounds and vst's, also, another app is using its resources. When I use the apps that not in the Kontakt browser, most of them work fine and cakewalk doesn't shut down when I click on play. Cine strings core, Cine brass core, Genesis choir, Ladd drums, Spitfire Orchestral Swarm and Aperature Orchestra closed cakewalk after downloading and clicking on play. The free software on Kontakt Project Sinematic Sample The free project worked for awhile. I notices that it wasn't saving the file when you first open cakewalk and look at the the last songs you worked on, it wasn't showing the last songs that I was working on but when I went to open the music midi, audio, template and bundle files they would open into the cakewalk DAW. I have used cakewalk since cakewalk 7 on up to the last versions X-2 and 3, I still have them on my computer with windows 10 the older ones cakewalk 7,7,8 10 only work on XP, it never crashed on the XP!?!? I'm bummed out that I can't write on cakewalk. I had someone check out my computer for viruses and its OK. I'm exhausted trying to find the solution. After reading all the other articles on cakewalk crashing after updating. If I re-install cakewalk will I loose all my files? What if I download X2 or X3 Professional what would happed other than know help for the software. I would hate to start using another Daw.

yup I have been getting crashes a lot for a while I thought it was re mdi2 but also midi madness as well and without the midi plugins it just disappears no error message nothing !!!!! sample tank was a problem I was thinking it was a heavy on cpu ?? hard to nail down