Command Center?

mcmd

Question

3 answers to this question

Anything that installed by disc will authorize as long as you have the codes, and have done the initial activation sometime earlier. For downloads, people are downloading everything and saving it. Not sure about the authorization, however. Another strategy is to have system images that have your programs already up and running.

There are other threads here on this issue, so you should check them out for more detailed (and accurate) info.

• Thanks 1

ya not much more I can add to Mr. Mdiemers post except validate it. Download and save all your installers and an off line authorization.

Im not one of those people who like arm twisting others into updating but..There is really no reason not to update to Bandlab (unless you are using Windows 7 32bit). I was a bit cautious at first about what the new Bandlab held for our future but I decided to jump on the train early and there haven't been any problems.

• Haha 1

Anything that installed by disc will authorize as long as you have the codes, and have done the initial activation sometime earlier. For downloads, people are downloading everything and saving it. Not sure about the authorization, however. Another strategy is to have system images that have your programs already up and running*

There are other threads here on this issue, so you should check them out for more detailed (and accurate) info.

*For that matter, you can keep an entire computer as a backup. Thinking of upgrading your computer and OS to W10? Hang on to your old one with Platinum, Artisit, 8.5 or whatever, on W7, XP, etc. I still have my 20 year old Gateway, with W98, which I recently reinstalled (what a trip that was, involving floppy disks, command line work etc), and reinstalled Cakewalk 2000 on it because I needed to see something from an old project. I couldn't find the score I had printed out years ago, and it much easier anyway to start the computer up and check it there, as the score is so minute that even with glasses I have to use a magnifying glass to see the notes.

Edited by mdiemer