Backing Tracks CWP files just for you.

John Vere

https://sites.google.com/view/cactus-studios/home    go to the Cakewalk CWP files tab or directly = 

https://sites.google.com/view/cactus-studios/cakewalk-cwp-files

Please go to my web site for further info and updates. Feel free to ask questions here. 

Due to Covid I have more or less retired from playing at Dances and Parties. I have over 300 CWP  backing tracks and 1,000's of midi files just sitting there going to waist and I thought.. Hey, I should share these with the Cakewalk community. So you guys can pick them over and put them to good use. These are a great starting point for new comers looking for simple stuff to learn on. I've put a lot of work into these and most are my own sequences. Some are downloads I worked over. 

These are "as is" right off my hard drive so most are not really optimized for public use just yet.  You'll have to sort out the VST's etc. And a lot of my own midi files are not GM. 

If you have the older versions of Sonar then you should have everything.  On my web page I put links on where to get all the free VST's I use.  

I have a lot more backing tracks but at this point they contain audio so over time I'll strip that out so the files are small.  

My retirement project will be to record the vocals and guitar parts to all 300 songs and overwhelm the song forum for a whole year.  

Edited by John Vere
Update links
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Great Idea 1

John, I'm not having success using the link above. 

With Firefox I get a "Need Access" notice with a textbox and a blue "Request access" button.  I write a few words of thanks in the text box but the blue "Request access" button will not click.

Chrome does not display the textbox or blue button, just a broken image icon.

@Jim Fogle   Thanks, Working on it. Stupid Google sites.  You have to use Google drive which has no way of globally sharing..  can only share with people in your contact folder...  so I'll try One drive.

Update:   I got it working with One Drive. I just found out I can log on as a Guest in Edge that way I can test it like a normal punter. 

One drive can be a working folder as I update the files.  I'll put files in sub folders. 

There will be 2 main folders CWP files and MIDI files. 

Edited by John Vere
Solved problem
  • Thanks 1

Just a note about this. 

I have put the link to my Web Pages in my signature. This way you can easily find this stuff later. This thread will disappear in a few days.

And the reason I'm putting the link to One Drive on my Web Page is so I can control the situation better moving forward. I might change the delivery etc. 

Also I plan on adding more folders so the web page will be a one stop and shop source for all my midi and CWP files.

Update: I just added a MIDI file folder with possibly 500 files in it. Sorry about the abbreviation file names but that how we had to work back in the early days. 8 letters per file name.  I will honestly try and fix that someday but I think if your going to get stuff for free you have to work for it :) 

You might just figure out that HIDOUGH  = Blow at High Dough by the Tragically Hip.  have fun...  Oh and don't expect full tracks from my midi files... Bass and drums mostly badly done on a keyboard. So happy those days are in the past... But the download collections will run the gauntlet from lame to not bad at all. 

For those who have never played with midi files do this

Go to preferences MIDI/Devices and uncheck any output devices. 

Now just OPEN the midi file and Cakewalk will play it with the TTS-1

WARNING- my Atari files are NOT GM--they will use patch 96 for bass which is like tubular bells I think, It was the Bass patch on my Korg 05/RW 

Edited by John Vere

Updated a bunch of files. I added sub folders with categories to make it easier to find what your interested in. I've got a long ways to go before this is finished.

Just spent the evening opening all my Bluegrass songs and removing audio and then "save as" to one drive. Also did a whole bunch of 60's stuff too.  

I also will try to put full song titles.  Artist and some lyrics in the "NOTES" so open the notes and you might get lucky. 

• Like 1