Something stirring at XLN Audio (at last...)

Skyline_UK

2 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

For me, this is the path.

AI for drums driving good sounding samples.  AD samples are good enough.  

I use JamStix to drive it.  JamStix the only issue is the complexity to get it to do what I want.  However, when it is working, it sounds far more realistic than these other platforms and "static" patterns.  

for me JamStix's problem is its instability. I can use it with no problems 97.4% of the time, but that 2.6% when my DAW shuts down is really starting to get on my nerves. 

"A spokesperson told us, "XO offers a revolutionary new way of exploring sounds and making beats. It collects all your one-shot drum sounds and sorts them by similarity, in the XO Space. XO allows you to seamlessly explore your samples, regardless of where or how they are stored. XO’s playful workflow, boosted by more than 8000 curated factory samples and a long list of inspiring presets, will have you making awesome beats in no time"

Sounds interesting... let's see how their price compares to that Atlas thing ($99)

1 hour ago, Skyline_UK said:

https://www.gearnews.com/addictive-drums-creator-readies-xo-random-beatmaker-pattern-generator/

Looks about as much use to me as a chocolate teapot.

Due to launch tomorrow (I refuse to say 'drops'...) at 180$/Euros.

Less. Much less.

At least you can eat the teapot.

Pretty much an admission that they're done with NORMAL (acoustic) instruments.

• Like 2

Maybe for $29 it would be fun to play with. ;)

But really, it seems that the  folks marketing software today are  focusing on who is selling today's hit records, and the musical styles that are on those records. Chasing the trend and market share...

• Like 1

Looks like a silly novelty to me.  Another company assuming that EDM and rap are the only genres worth pandering to.  Obviously 'sticking to the knitting', i.e. making an AD3 and/or adding more patterns and fill packs to AD2, isn't seen as profitable enough.

• Like 3

I can't see myself ever wanting to use this - it just looks like an alternative GUI for a sound browser.

I find this new product a strange one to release... IMO AD2's biggest competitor is SD3, which is an amazing product. I'd have thought they would want to release an AD3 to bridge the gap.

• Like 1

Interesting how no one seems to mention BFD3 around here.

overall it seems far better than the competition. I would buy it if I had the cash.

the drum kits sound goid raw! Without processing! Not only professionally recorded, but well developed actual instrument sound.

though i use ad2, i hate the fact that they don't allow buyers to hear the raw kits in the demos. I've been disappointed with each kit when I finally hear them raw. Sure. With processing they can be made to sound tood, but that's a fix not-so great sounding drum kits.

I still use Session Drummer 3 for the Slate kick we were given as it's better than anything i've been able to do with AD2.