Something stirring at XLN Audio (at last...)

Skyline_UK

It's a MIDI controller built into a drum throne "the XLN Audio Magic Throne' - now drummers no longer have to envy their bandmates abilities to use pedals or MIDI controllers!  By using the Magic Throne and your glutes you can trigger effects, control stage lighting, control your DAW, or even send the bartender an IM that your beer is low!

Control your tone and tone your control!  There are health benefits to using the Magic Throne - after a few weeks of using the Magic Throne you'll have the best seat in the house!

• Haha 3

Had a feeling it wasn't going to be AD3. They have all but given up on Addictive Drums. Someone else was working on something very similar to this recently, I remember but I can't for the life of me remember who or what it was called.

1 hour ago, Lee D said:

It's a new beatmaking tool.  XLN XO

Someone had a similar particle type UI for selecting similar sounding samples, where the sample you were using was was surrounded by dots representing similar sounding samples...
Trying to recall who...

Edit: TerraSin's post popped up as I was saving this post.  Seems like he's experiencing the same Deja Vu that I am...

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, TerraSin said:

Had a feeling it wasn't going to be AD3. They have all but given up on Addictive Drums. Someone else was working on something very similar to this recently, I remember but I can't for the life of me remember who or what it was called.

It's a shame that they haven't expanded on the feature set at all of Addictive Drums 2.  I mean it's a nice program and all, but it's been out for years and they haven't added anything to the base package which is kind of unusual for a software instrument.  I don't really understand their mentality on that...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lee D said:

It's a shame that they haven't expanded on the feature set at all of Addictive Drums 2.  I mean it's a nice program and all, but it's been out for years and they haven't added anything to the base package which is kind of unusual for a software instrument.  I don't really understand their mentality on that...

I honestly think they realized they can't keep up with the competition. Toontrack has been burying them on both the core engine and the expanded content. You could tell they were losing interest when the past few years the time between releases of single drum paks got longer and longer. Meanwhile, Toontrack seems to put out new content for SD constantly and it's all really good.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TerraSin said:

I honestly think they realized they can't keep up with the competition. Toontrack has been burying them on both the core engine and the expanded content. You could tell they were losing interest when the past few years the time between releases of single drum paks got longer and longer. Meanwhile, Toontrack seems to put out new content for SD constantly and it's all really good.

I dunno, I haven't used Toontrack.  There is a lot of competition in the market though.  But I feel like the differentiator is the platform workflow and features.  I mean all of the vendors have good-sounding drum kits available.   It should be easier to build a drum track with fills and variations than it is in AD2 and they've never improved this.   Also there is only one electronic expansion pack available. . . WTF???  

Edited by Lee D
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TheSteven said:

Someone had a similar particle type UI for selecting similar sounding samples, where the sample you were using was was surrounded by dots representing similar sounding samples...
Trying to recall who...

Edit: TerraSin's post popped up as I was saving this post.  Seems like he's experiencing the same Deja Vu that I am...

macbook_desktop_lg_img.png

I think this is what you may be thinking of....

https://www.algonaut.tech/

Atlas By Algonaut

12 hours ago, Lee D said:

I dunno, I haven't used Toontrack.  There is a lot of competition in the market though.  But I feel like the differentiator is the platform workflow and features.  I mean all of the vendors have good-sounding drum kits available.   It should be easier to build a drum track with fills and variations than it is in AD2 and they've never improved this.   Also there is only one electronic expansion pack available. . . WTF???  

That's the truth.  I prefer the sound of AD2 to EZ2, but EZ2 really is soooo easy when it comes to finding and auditioning parts.  AD2 not so much. 

20 hours ago, ArcRex said:

I have always thought that AD2 is an excellent competitor with EZDrummer. I am hoping that they are introducing something to compete with SD3 which I think they need.

If they are going to compete with SD3 they will really have something cuz they aren't even in the same universe now.

• Like 1

I'm near to null regarding drums and drum programming but I like the sound of AD kits a lot. I just purchased Jamstix in the recent Rayzoon sale hoping to improve the matters a bit (as the Jamstix "brain" can be used with AD drum sets), but it is a complex program and I guess I'll need some time to learn it properly. I think this is the farther I can go in order to have proper drum sounds in my productions. I'm not willing to buy any other drum libraries (except the remaining AD ones I don't have), at least in the near future.

20 hours ago, TheSteven said:

It's a MIDI controller built into a drum throne "the XLN Audio Magic Throne' - now drummers no longer have to envy their bandmates abilities to use pedals or MIDI controllers!  By using the Magic Throne and your glutes you can trigger effects, control stage lighting, control your DAW, or even send the bartender an IM that your beer is low!

Control your tone and tone your control!  There are health benefits to using the Magic Throne - after a few weeks of using the Magic Throne you'll have the best seat in the house!😄

LOL  😁 😃 😆 Toooo Funny

3 hours ago, Sergio said:

I'm near to null regarding drums and drum programming but I like the sound of AD kits a lot. I just purchased Jamstix in the recent Rayzoon sale hoping to improve the matters a bit (as the Jamstix "brain" can be used with AD drum sets), but it is a complex program and I guess I'll need some time to learn it properly. I think this is the farther I can go in order to have proper drum sounds in my productions. I'm not willing to buy any other drum libraries (except the remaining AD ones I don't have), at least in the near future.

For me, this is the path.

AI for drums driving good sounding samples.  AD samples are good enough.  

I use JamStix to drive it.  JamStix the only issue is the complexity to get it to do what I want.  However, when it is working, it sounds far more realistic than these other platforms and "static" patterns.  

• Like 1