PA's Redesigned Black Box Released!

cclarry

14 minutes ago, antler said:

My (uninformed) guess is $249 regular price, $129 intro price, $99 loyalty/upgrade price

Agree with one exception. DSM V2 to V3 upgrade was $49.  Assuming they haven’t changed their model, I would expect this to be upgrade cost for existing v2 perpetual license owners.

unless they follow IK style pricing which in that scenario will be $499 for existing owners and $99 for anyone who has never heard of black box.  Let’s get this thread locked too haha

• Haha 2

If it's just TMT and mid-side, and the upgrade ends up being expensive for existing users, some DAWs have easy ways of making your existing plugins Mid-Side.

For example in Logic X: on a stereo track, when inserting a plugin, choose "dual mono", then click the "gear" button left of the L/R selector, and choose mid/side from the dropdown. The L/R buttons are now Mid/Side and return to those plugin instances. You even get a "Couple" switch to match changes across the instances.

Edited by mister_tea
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, kevin H said:

Agree with one exception. DSM V2 to V3 upgrade was $49

Fair point. I hadn't followed the pricing for the DSM upgrade. I was thinking of the Shadow Hills green/red models; this wasn't so much an 'upgrade' as a different model though.

With its totally redesigned parallel saturation section, the HG-2MS gives you vastly more colors, textures and and flexibility than ever before! The brand new highpass, lowpass, bandpass and bandstop filters with full control over frequency, Q and slope give you the ability to shape and tailor the saturation, separately for each channel. Additionally, the solo button allows you to hear only the parallel saturation so you can dial in exactly what you need, or keep it engaged to create a whole palette of automatable filters with endless vibe.

This new plugin has also received the TMT Module – Brainworx’s patented Tolerance Modeling Technology (TMT) simulates channel-to-channel variances in electronic components for the most realistic analog sound possible inside a DAW.

• Like 2

This thing is probably my fav itb native disto box to use on master , i don't see one exept cutlture vulture vulture from UAd , still there's some stuff like vertigo , Saturn ,karacter,  tapes and all but this thing is just direct , fast and sounds RIGHT !!! 

Best disto box for that purpose imho 

Perpetual License

Yes, you can purchase a single, perpetual license for this plugin. List Price $329, Intro Offer Price $249.99

Your Intro Price: $149.99* with voucher code

HG2MS-INTRO-14999

Use this code during checkout. Offer available until April 12.

Feel free to share the code with your friends.

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products/black_box_analog_design_hg-2ms.html

• Thanks 1

it's at the price point where it's annoying for $75 voucher users......means you have to buy something else and there's never anything at the right value or that you want - the $29 dollars don't do it because it's always a few cents under ....sigh

Edited by simon
  • Like 1