midi notes getting cut off prematurely

sven450

I'm trying to play some open high hats with EZ Drummer, and inexplicably the hits are getting chopped.  When I play them they are fine and ring out, but once recorded, they are chopped off after about an 1/8 note or so.  I don't really mess with midi beside drums like this, so I have no idea what is going on.  the note properties has a "duration" window, but I have no idea what that is....

Is there a choke setting in EZ drummer that isn't assigned properly to the hats ? Also - maybe the duration of that sample playback is apportioned to the note duration? I don't use EZ-Drummer so sorry I can't help specifically. But - I would look into how the instrument specifically is interpreting the midi notes for a starting point.

9 hours ago, RBH said:

Is there a choke setting in EZ drummer that isn't assigned properly to the hats ? Also - maybe the duration of that sample playback is apportioned to the note duration? I don't use EZ-Drummer so sorry I can't help specifically. But - I would look into how the instrument specifically is interpreting the midi notes for a starting point.

There is no choke setting here, although that is what is sounds like.  The rest of you reply is very impressive, but way surpasses my midi knowledge!  I keep investigating.