UVI ORCHESTRA

Emanuele

Hello everybody.  I have the UVI orchestral suite and I noticed that if I import a midi file, it doesn't let me hear the sounds.  The problem is only if I import the midi files.  Anyone know how to fix this?  Thanks in advance.

Check if the notes in your MIDI file are located within the playable key range of your selected instrument. Some instruments like Timpani or Childrens Choirs are only mapped over a small section of the keyboard (C1-C3 and C3-C5 respectively). That would be easy to detect by looking at the keyboard at the bottom of UVI Workstation (or UVI Falcon if that’s what you’re using). If the MIDI notes only hit grey keys, you would know that’s the issue and you would have to transpose.

If no keys are pressed, I would check the MIDI channel and make sure that the MIDI file transmits on the same MIDI channel as UVI Workstation receives.

Edit: I assume that you have indeed connected your imported MIDI track to UVI Orchestral Suite. Otherwise that would be the first thing to do, by inserting an instrument track with an instance of Orchestral Suite and then make sure the output of your MIDI track is routed to that instrument track. Sorry if I’m stating the obvious.

Edited by Canopus