Studio One 5.2 announced

cclarry

And if you’re into orchestral libraries, you could also check version 7 of  Babylonwaves Art conductor. They just made their thousand of templates to Studio One with the new update. I bought version 5 previously for Cubase, but I’m not really using Cubase. I recently received a half-price coupon to upgrade to version 7, but I decided today to upgrade to the Studio One version instead, with the half-price coupon still working on this one.

14 hours ago, Vernon Barnes said:

Installed.  The work spaces functions look excellent, trouble is my current collaborators don't use Sphere so I won't be using it anytime soon.

I am confused... is this implying Sphere is not compatible with Studio One or just that they do not have the FX you are using?

19 minutes ago, mettelus said:

I am confused... is this implying Sphere is not compatible with Studio One or just that they do not have the FX you are using?

A person that goes the Sphere route will have everything, all the FX, everything.

A person who goes the perpetual license route will only have what he/she has purchased.

So the Sphere person could possibly use stuff that the Perpetual person doesn't have

Edited by Fret Flintstone

13 minutes ago, mettelus said:

Unless I have misread it you only get an online workspace if you have Sphere. It may be possible for me to give them access and have them access the files with a Web browser. I will have to check.

1 minute ago, Vernon Barnes said:

Unless I have misread it you only get an online workspace if you have Sphere. It may be possible for me to give them access and have them access the files with a Web browser. I will have to check.

Yes, that is my understanding. Also unsure about the access with web browser.

But the workspace thing looks pretty good in the videos, there is a lot of stuff that looks good.

I'm thinking of getting a sphere account as well, it is apparently kept separate from your normal account stuff on your PC, so you could use either or, it seems that it is set up not to upset anything you already have.

I must say after watching their video that , very few time i 've been impressed by a daw update like this one !! 

Respect due to the guyz aexepte that some features are link to sub !!! shame 

4 hours ago, Zo said:

I must say after watching their video that , very few time i 've been impressed by a daw update like this one !! 

Respect due to the guyz aexepte that some features are link to sub !!! shame 

The only thing I picked up on that was linked to Sphere was sharing tracks via their Cloud service which makes sense to me. If you want to use Cloud storage beyond the 15G you get free from Google you have to pay. But maybe I missed something else.

I opened up a large song I was working on in 5.1 in 5.2 last night. Without a doubt it loaded quicker and seemed to work better. This has happened before with their updates on my system. A new version will be noticeably better then the next will seem sluggish. 5.2 is definitely working better than 5.1 on my system in my opinion.

The midi and virtual instrument features do not really apply or appeal to me much but it is amazing what they are doing with it.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, abacab said:

I was amazed that the 5.2 update download was only some 200MB or so in size!

*Putting on my Spock ears* Only 149MB to be precise Captain.

What amazed me was I had it downloaded and installed in about 90 seconds. That was a first for a Presonus download for me. Probably because at the point I got it it was Sphere members only and there wasn't much of a hit on the servers. Plus I just happened to fire up S1 right at 11 and I think read somewhere afterwards that it was released at 11. IOW, I didn't rush right on at release time. It was just coincidence. I may have been in the #1 slot on the server. I'm going on about this because they are notorious for server problems during update time and I was so shocked that I had no problems at all. I was fully expecting a half day long ordeal.

41 minutes ago, Shane_B. said:

*Putting on my Spock ears* Only 149MB to be precise Captain.

A rounding error, LOL!

Maybe yours was a "Sphere" version. I seem to recall my download being around ~250MB.

Edit: Just located my Studio One 5.2 installer download file. It is 195,626 KB. Or 195.626 MB, to be precise.

Spock.jpg

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, abacab said:

A rounding error, LOL!

*with one raised eyebrow* Fascinating.

As I was downloading it through S1 it said the file size was 149MB. I just looked at the actual downloaded file and it says something very different. I'm still shocked at how fast I got it. 

dlspecs.jpg.ba99d7d62d00350f2237aceb76ade956.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

I'm going on about this because they are notorious for server problems during update time and I was so shocked that I had no problems at all. I was fully expecting a half day long ordeal.

Could be that they ramped up their server capacity, especially with the extra load that Sphere in general might generate (e.g. people downloading subscription products, online shared space, etc)?