Studio One 5.2 announced

cclarry

3 hours ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Saw that reddit post too. People over there are claiming "that's not all"

It's always like that, most times there are many fixes and additions that never make to any of the commonly available release notes etc, you have to dig or wait until you come across them or read about someone doing the same. Don't know why, but that seems to be the way in my experience

Wow! I just finished watching the new features video for 5.2 this morning and I'm blown away. One of the things that really shocked me was they developed software that is available to any developer that will automatically scan and set up any virtual instrument and automatically set up all the controllers. I wonder if this will somehow be extended to external hardware eventually. First ARA, now this, and it's just starting. 

I can see a lot of amazing things coming in the future from Presonus.

👍🏻

• Like 2

Shame that you have to go subscription to have access to this features , really a shame  ... do they think the whole World have the same culture when it comle to ownership and monetary transaction  ? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Zo said:

Shame that you have to go subscription to have access to this features , really a shame  ... do they think the whole World have the same culture when it comle to ownership and monetary transaction  ? 

The update is free for all paid (sub or otherwise) users. The only thing that seems to have been sub-only was an announcement explicitly stating that 5.2 was on its way; there was a more vague announcement on Twitter saying something big was coming.

29 minutes ago, Zo said:

Be thankful you don't have to put billing information to download even a trial, like Adobe started making mandatory since September.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, antler said:

The update is free for all paid (sub or otherwise) users. The only thing that seems to have been sub-only was an announcement explicitly stating that 5.2 was on its way; there was a more vague announcement on Twitter saying something big was coming.

and perhaps some some online meetups and learning stuff.

Edited by Fret Flintstone

40 minutes ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

Be thankful you don't have to put billing information to download even a trial, like Adobe started making mandatory since September.

And that's why I use Gimp and Blender. And the last hard copy version of Lightroom.

25 minutes ago, Shane_B. said:

And the last hard copy version of Lightroom.

I got that version too. Last of breed. The best digital darkroom tool for photographers.

And as further avoidance of subscriptions, I use Adobe Photoshop Elements for light photo editing, and have the CorelDraw Graphics Suite and some other stuff for any more challenging graphics tasks.