Amplitube Leslie speed changes not recording

I have tried to set up the Amplitube Leslie to record, but not having any luck. Can someone point me toward a walkthrough of how to set this up? I'm running Amplitube v 4.

The Leslie speed change function works fine if I mouse click on it, but the changes do not appear in the recorded track. 

I used to have this working fine when I had the paid version of Cakewalk, but can't seem to get it working again. Not sure if it's a change to the DAW software, or just a function of my senior brain.

Thanks in advance for any help!

As mentioned in other threads about clicking on a plugin GUI, such as with Studio Drummer, a click event doesn't generate any MIDI data (at least not in most plugins).

Using automation is a good way to get the event recorded in the MIDI track. There also appears to be some MIDI CC controls pre-mapped to Speed (1) and Brake(47).

Edit: sorry, but I mis-read it earlier as T-RackS Leslie, instead of Amplitube 4 Leslie. I don't own Amplitube Leslie.

It seems that in Amplitube 4 you will need to select the module and assign an automation parameter first, before you can use that parameter in the DAW automation. Alternatively, that parameter may also be available for a MIDI CC assignment. See AT 4 user guide (MIDI Control/Automation sections) for details.

Edited by abacab