rowdy new tune-"The Day They Robbed the Bank of England"

bats brew

https://soundcloud.com/bats-brew/the-day-they-robbed-the-bank-of-england

The Day They Robbed the Bank of England: this is a proper cops and robbers story put to a progressive rock structure written in 7/8 time, to create edgy tension. The song title, is from a late 50’s movie about, you guessed it, the robbing of the bank of England. The fact that the siren blows by them at the end, implies that either they got away, or the spectator of the whole thing is quietly watching from a dark alley.

done entirely with a Strymon Iridium for all guitar and bass parts.
this is from the new Bats Brew album "Elemental"
available here:
Bandcamp:
https://batsbrew.bandcamp.com/

Once again the Bat never lets you down. I don't think I've ever heard a song you posted that didn't shine above the rest. 

Have you ever heard a song called 7/8 suite by KALEIDOSCOPE ?  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaleidoscope_(American_band)    or maybe your part Greek. 

Kinda sucks that you can't post a like on Sound Cloud? I even have an account. I also notice that your also getting the Messages about " I can make you rich with this song " Crappe . 

16 hours ago, John Vere said:

Once again the Bat never lets you down. I don't think I've ever heard a song you posted that didn't shine above the rest. 

Kinda sucks that you can't post a like on Sound Cloud? I even have an account. I also notice that your also getting the Messages about " I can make you rich with this song " Crappe . 

hey john!

so glad you dig this one...

yea, soundcloud has that element to it...

makes it not so attractive.

no, haven't heard KALEIDOSCOPE before...tho i have heard a lot of david lindley..

thanks for the heads up!

On 3/7/2021 at 4:43 AM, Wookiee said:

Ah @batsbrew Nothing quite like a litte 7/8 to put an edge to a tune, nicely executed sir, as ever your chops and mix excel.

Alright wookiee! So glad you got to hear this one,

The meter  Actually feels quite natural to me

You get to straight dance and waltz in one measure!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Wookiee said:

I think many would have missed it if you had not mentioned it, the whole thing worked well and flowed.

heheh, you say 'many', but only 3 people have listened! 

🙉

oh well, i know it's a fun song, 

and i think many others here would totally dig it!

7/8 is fun to play in, because there are so many options for syncopation,

you can go with the straight time thru the whole thing, or live off of the 3/4 sections,

i think zep had a song that was 7/8...

• Sad 1

I'm listening, thinking this sounds like typical Bat production....waiting for the vocals....waiting.  I'm slow sometimes but it took me a while to figure out that this was an instrumental.  

Great work, excellent mix as usual.  I'm not a huge fan of instrumentals, but I made it all the way to the end of the song; which says a lot.  

4 hours ago, michaelhanson said:

I'm listening, thinking this sounds like typical Bat production....waiting for the vocals....waiting.  I'm slow sometimes but it took me a while to figure out that this was an instrumental.  

Great work, excellent mix as usual.  I'm not a huge fan of instrumentals, but I made it all the way to the end of the song; which says a lot.  

hi michael! hey, thanks for the comments,

yea, the entire album was special... it's all instrumentals, 1st one in 5 albums.

if you can get through THIS one, you would dig them all, i think.

On 3/11/2021 at 6:52 PM, Barry Seymour said:

Chops up to heaven. Superb playing. Is this drum programming or analog drums? Brilliant stuff.

A slightly low-fi sound to it - it might benefit from a slightly thinner sound for some tracks, but that's just me.

Stellar!

hi barry! glad you dig this tune...

drums are superior drummer 3.0.

heavily edited.

low fi, it's super hi fi here,

that is probably just the stupid downgrading of the wonderful 24 bit 48khz files i uploaded to soundcloud,

playing them at 128 kpbs!

the track needs the weight of the low end, IMHO, and needs to be played back on a full range system to really enjoy what's going on.