$200 Discount for Total Studio 2 owners when buying Total Studio 3

Reid Rosefelt

There just isn't enough in this that is worth the $300.  I already have Total Studio 2 MAX and cross graded to SampleTank 4 MAX.

I guess I can't be disappointed.  I basically already own 80% of this, already.  And probably 200% of what I'd actually care about.

If you have TS2 MAX and ST 4 MAX< you already have "most of the stuff" in this, because they didn't really add much.  They just upgraded the version of SampleTank and added a few products/expansions they've released since then.

TS2M owners already have AmpliTube 5 SE with all of the 4 MAX content unlocked, so that is not really a big upgrade to me.

That being said, I do use Windows 10, so it's not like Apple will obsolete my software with the next macOS release... and I have everything I need from them; so I don't foresee myself wanting to buy anything else form them in the foreseeable future.  Frankly, I think their products waste inordinate amounts of SSD space, anyways... and I hate that you cannot uninstall specific components without wiping out the entire thing and reinstalling only the parts you want.

If I got this, I'd be edging towards needing to buy a 2TB SSD, so the cost is basically the upgrade price + the SSD upgrade cost, effectively.

Edited by Maestro
  • Like 2

So...I was thinking that maybe there would be some talking in IK and they'd think about users with kindness but... They're just being vindictive at this point, just like Avid was after people pressured them hard to add PDC to ProTools after being tired of begging for 8 years. They just made the next upgrade to the version with the feature more expensive.

• Sad 1

Honestly this is a pretty good deal if you own just one of the MAX products and can get the discount.  Even if you own nothing it's pretty good (though pricey) and you want everything.  But once you cross the mid-way point, the deal value starts to drop off.  I don't think IK is being vindictive.  They have always been like this.  It's not exactly new for them.    Certainly no reason to get upset about it.  It's just commerce.  They make an offer, I decide if it's reasonable for me.  I'm more interested in what new things they may be developing at this point.  I'm pretty sure Mixbox and the T-Racks modules I'll get one of these days, if the deal is right.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Honestly this is a pretty good deal if you own just one of the MAX products and can get the discount.  Even if you own nothing it's pretty good (though pricey) and you want everything.  But once you cross the mid-way point, the deal value starts to drop off.  I don't think IK is being vindictive.  They have always been like this.  It's not exactly new for them.    Certainly no reason to get upset about it.  It's just commerce.  They make an offer, I decide if it's reasonable for me.  I'm more interested in what new things they may be developing at this point.  I'm pretty sure Mixbox and the T-Racks modules I'll get one of these days, if the deal is right.

Only issue I have with IK is that they go Steinberg on users when a new product is released. People have been complaining about MODO Bass bugs for years. No fix. People have been complaining about the improper scaling of amp reverb on Amplitude. That issue is still present in version 5. There are quite a bit of requests and complaints about their product manager. It only receives updates when they offer a freebie or new products are introduced. There several security concerns and doubts on why their installers are not signed when even free plugins have signed installers. I can guarantee you your next IK update will have an unsigned installer.

But that's a bit off topic. I feel they're being vindictive because their marketing person for into quite the argument in this very forum and told all complaining owners to "be prepared in the next few days".

• Like 1
  • Meh 1

To me iLoud MTM Pair + Total Studio 3 MAX Bundle seems like a solid deal. MTMs with two measuring mics, AT5 and ARC3 and Hammond and, maybe,  TR5Max for that price is still a little too steep, but with Jam Points it's tempting. I don't really care for other products in the bundle, as I find them not worth the disk space. And then, again, I still have AT4, ARC2, nice Hammond VSTis and almost complete TR5 as well as a pair of good monitors. So shelling out almost a thousand Euro for an alternate take of what I already have... Sorry, IK, no soup for you. :ph34r:

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

To me iLoud MTM Pair + Total Studio 3 MAX Bundle seems like a solid deal. MTMs with two measuring mics, AT5 and ARC3 and Hammond and, maybe,  TR5Max for that price is still a little too steep, but with Jam Points it's tempting. I don't really care for other products in the bundle, as I find them not worth the disk space. And then, again, I still have AT4, ARC2, nice Hammond VSTis and almost complete TR5 as well as a pair of good monitors. So shelling out almost a thousand Euro for an alternate take of what I already have... Sorry, IK, no soup for you. :ph34r:

It would be cheaper, if you already have a $99 IK Product, to buy the crossgrade offer at $299.99 and then buy a Pair of iLouds 
for $299.99 minus a discount at a Discounter....that get's you the same thing for less than $600...a savings of $300!
The pricing structure is nonsense really.  Not well thought out IMHO.

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, cclarry said:

It would be cheaper, if you already have a $99 IK Product, to buy the crossgrade offer at $299.99 and then buy a Pair of iLouds 
for $299.99 minus a discount at a Discounter....that get's you the same thing for less than $600...a savings of $300!
The pricing structure is nonsense really.  Not well thought out IMHO.

A pair of iLoud MTMs costs $700. For $300 you can buy iLoud Micro monitors, not MTMs.

Since I don't specifically own TS2 I only got an additional $100 off in the cart.

Again, $399.99 to upgrade to TS3 is waaaaaaaay too much especially since I already own (bought ala carte) the entire contents of TS3.

32 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Here is the apparent REAL Price Structure at Sweetwater...

$499 is the MaxGrade Price
$599 in the Crossgrade Price
and $899 in the Full Price

So they have eliminated the TS Max to TS Max $299.99 Upgrade completely from resellers

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/search.php?s=Total+Studio+3+Max

It's almost like they're copying the scalping tacticts used by PC hardware resellers...

• Like 1

Just now, Wookiee said:

Would you care to clarify to whom you are referring too. Your comment is vague.

Refer back to the UNO Synth Pro post and the recently closed Total Studio MAX post. In both instances, the person that stepped over the line and took it personally was the marketing one. A person that's being paid to do that job and should in no way be shielded by any flak from customers.

• Meh 1

1 hour ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

Refer back to the UNO Synth Pro post and the recently closed Total Studio MAX post. In both instances, the person that stepped over the line and took it personally was the marketing one. A person that's being paid to do that job and should in no way be shielded by any flak from customers.

I already apologized for digging in the dirt in that TS3 thread after basically being called mentally deficient as I shouldn't have responded in kind.  You continue to have a beef with me and IK and I've offered to speak about that one-to-one but I haven't heard from you.  Stop being vague, be direct as a mod requested -  I'm sorry if someone not bending to your vague (or rare direct) commentary doesn't work for you.  You and a few others have made it clear that you don't feel I'm welcome here when I don't break any rules.  I was going to take that as a cue to leave, but it isn't great for the many others who aren't taking every opportunity to jab at me and IK while ignoring offers to help by speaking with you directly.

There's an ignore function on this forum that you can use if you don't like seeing my posts.  Otherwise if I've broken rules, you can report posts and mods will take care.  I've never been "protected", that's frankly a silly accusation.

• Like 2

To be equally fair or equally unfair,  Izotope's MPS3-4 upgrade cost left me cold and I waited until now to pull the trigger, Celemony still haven't come up with a soup worthy upgrade from Studio 4 to Studio 5 so I am holding off on that.

I never upgrade Komplete as soon as it comes out, I wait a few months until something comes up. Hopefully there will come a day when Lars posts a deal on this that has us reaching for the tureen and the ladle! :)

Edited by Hatstand

1 hour ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

Bruno back off! We like Peter, he's helpful and he's been here and at the old forum a long time. He clearly got pushed too far in that thread. 

Rocky

• Like 6

• John locked this topic