$200 Discount for Total Studio 2 owners when buying Total Studio 3

Reid Rosefelt

Based on a hint Peter put into his Total Studio announcement in VI:Control, I put Total Studio 3 in my cart.  An additional $200 off!   I believe that is because I'm a TS2 owner.

But he said "qualifying IK products."   So, in my opinion,  no matter what you own, you have nothing to lose by putting TS3 into your cart to see if you get a discount. 

For me $300 minus Jampoints is a very tempting deal for all that stuff.  😀  I haven't bought a single thing that came out from IK after TS2.  The only new stuff I don't have are the freebies.  I don't even have Syntronik Deluxe yet!

I don't want to get everybody mad at me, but this is the kind of thing we might find out here, if we didn't start by screaming at Peter, who happens to be a very nice guy who has zero to do with the IK business practices.  He just comes here to answer our questions.  And yesterday he said, "wait until tomorrow."

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Based on a hint Peter put into his Total Studio announcement in VI:Control, I put Total Studio 3 in my cart.  An additional $200 off!   I believe that is because I'm a TS2 owner.

But he said "qualifying IK products."   So, in my opinion,  no matter what you own, you have nothing to lose by putting TS3 into your cart to see if you get a discount. 

For me $300 minus Jampoints is a very tempting deal for all that stuff.  😀  I haven't bought a single thing that came out from IK after TS2.  The only new stuff I don't have are the freebies.  I don't even have Syntronik Deluxe yet!

I don't want to get everybody mad at me, but this is the kind of thing we might find out here, if we didn't start by screaming at Peter, who happens to be a very nice guy who has zero to do with the IK business practices.  He just comes here to answer our questions.  And yesterday he said, "wait until tomorrow."

No Jampoints....once the $200 is taken off it will not allow you to use Jampoints.  Anytime there is an IK Auto Discount,
you cannot use Jampoints

• Sad 1

While that is a step forward, I still believe they need to look at what you own and base the upgrade on that as well. I own almost all of TS3, so it's not worth it for me to upgrade, but frustrating that I would have to pay more (while I already spent more than that on the individual items e.g. MODO BASS, DRUMS, ST MAX 4, Syntronik Deluxe, etc.). 

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

23 minutes ago, Barrie said:

While that is a step forward, I still believe they need to look at what you own and base the upgrade on that as well. I own almost all of TS3, so it's not worth it for me to upgrade, but frustrating that I would have to pay more (while I already spent more than that on the individual items e.g. MODO BASS, DRUMS, ST MAX 4, Syntronik Deluxe, etc.). 

I've been saying this for years....

• Like 1

Yep I saw that, but I'm left scratching my head on this deal... 🙄

No offense to IK but...

The TS 3 MAX Maxgrade for me from Total Studio 2 MAX is still $299 with the discount credit.

I already have most of the stuff in TS MAX 3, except for Amplitube 5 MAX, and a few modules that were not included in T-RackS 5 MAX (like the Leslie, Space Delay, and some tape machines), and the ARC System. I guess If I really wanted AT 5 MAX, which is $299 by itself for the upgrade, it might be worth it for TS 3 MAX in order to get the few missing items thrown into the deal. But I am quite satisfied with the AT 4 MAX content in my AT 5 CS. The other odds and ends are not really needed.

So no soup for me! :)

• Like 1

Well, to be frank, the NORMAL price to go from TS Max to TS Max has been $299...
and the intro offers were "less"

So, basically, they're "removing that option" after the "intro" price, which is REALLY just
the regular price, which has been eliminated, in favor of the $499 Maxgrade price after the
intro sale is over FOR EVERYONE, even if you only have a T-Racks Plugin you got FREE from
a Magazine/Vendor.

It's garbage Marketing....sorry...and if the truth offends you, so be it, but this is garbage, *****, of the existing
loyal customer, and catering to the new customer, marketing, which IK is highly adept at.

Eventually, more people are going to "catch on" to their treatment of their loyal customers,
and they're going to lose their bahooki's.  

Factors they have going against them

TERRIBLE Marketing/Business Model
TERRIBLE Price Structure
TERRIBLE Resale Value
TERRIBLE Product Support Policy because of having to pay AGAIN for what you've already paid for after 180 days
TERRIBLE Upgrade Policy, where buying their individual products serves absolutely NO PURPOSE because they
don't count towards upgrades for the Bundles,  i.e...NO GRADUATED upgrade paths

I could go on...

The ONLY saving grace is that the products are decent...but when people realize that there are
alternatives that are just as good or better...GAME OVER!

Hey...it's their funeral...

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 1

I'm out because I already own everything except for a couple of EDM, HipHop 'till you drop, who put the C in RAP, type libraries and Mixbox, all of which I'm not interested in, let alone willing to pay $499 for.

But hey, look on the bright side, I learned what 'bahooki' means 😁

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

Yep, 299$ for upgrade, no Jampoints allowed. That’s a lot more than last time, so that’s a pass for me.

Instead, I’ll upgrade from MPS3 to MPS4 for 125$. Considering that the Groove3 1 year pass is 90$ when on sale, it costs peanuts to get the rest of the upgrade. 

This.

• Like 1

Out of curiosity, what do you guys see as a fair upgrade price ?  It would be amazing if they took into account everything that we own and had additional discount tiers but for me I think I would bite if it was at least $199 and let us use jam points. 

24 minutes ago, kevin H said:

Out of curiosity, what do you guys see as a fair upgrade price ?  It would be amazing if they took into account everything that we own and had additional discount tiers but for me I think I would bite if it was at least $199 and let us use jam points. 

Considering that the REAL FULL PRICE for TS Max to TS Max used to be $299, $199 would be an acceptable price...even without Jampoints.
Being able to use Jampoints would definitely be an additional incentive, but of course, that's never going to happen,
and neither will a $199 Price point any time soon...

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 3

It's only offering me an extra $100 off.  So I did the spreadsheet work up.  I'm only missing 7 things (ARC System 3, three Hitmaker Sampletank libraries, Mixbox, Sunset Reverb and the Space Delay).  While the full retail price of those is $699.93, if you percent that against the full retail "total price" ($10742.96) and then compare it to the normal full price of TS3 with no discount at all ($899.99) I figure my upgrade cost should be around ~$59.  So $399 seems a bit much.  I really wish they just had some sort of complete my bundle deal, with an honest custom price based on my account.  This is the problem with bundles and trying to maintain price value points.

If any of those things I don't have were that big a deal, I would have bought them already though, so I guess I'm sitting this one out.

Edited by Matthew Sorrels
  • Like 7

BTW...common sense would tell MOST that it's usually NOT advisable to BONE the existing Loyal Customer, especially 1 year into
a Pandemic where most people aren't even working...just throwing that out there to "add to the list above"

14 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

complete my bundle deal

That is marketing genius right there! I'm in the same boat, I have most of the stuff but I don't have any version of Total Studio Max. I  don't need Total Studio Max but I would probably buy it if the price was equitable.

Rocky

52 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Considering that the REAL FULL PRICE for TS Max to TS Max used to be $299, $199 would be an acceptable price...even without Jampoints.

Agreed.

I think some form of custom "complete my bundle" deal would be MUCH more customer friendly!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, abacab said:

Agreed.

I think some form of custom "complete my bundle" deal would be MUCH more customer friendly!

A complete my bundle like fabfilter uses or similar would put all these bad feelings and locked threads to rest.  Seems like an easy fix.  

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

THAT is what I have been fighting for for years now - a graduated upgrade path! 
Most that know me are fully aware.  I have bi*ched, moaned, and complained,
because of how IK handles all of this...and MANY other things.  They don't seem to
care, but I've got news for them, they had better start caring!  There is TOO MUCH
competition out there, and their products are not so great that there aren't viable, and many
cheaper, and more "customer friendly" alternatives...

But, like the old saying goes...

Some fools never learn...

Edited by cclarry

it's tricky for them cos of the manifold prices which their products are bought at. sometimes ina  group deal you might get 5 for 1. Maybe they should be like Melda and tot up how much you have spent on their products then use this number to base what your upgrade should be? 

one thing I appreciate which IK has changed recently is the ability to remove authorizations from a computer so the threat of running out of them isn't looming in the future

• John locked this topic