Audiffied Amplion 2 Rock Essential Coming Soon!

cclarry

AmpLion 2 Rock Essentials coming soon.

"Prepare to be blown away by how it sounds!"

"I am blown away by the tones I just played with." - Honest Amp Sim Reviews

"With this plug-in, I have easily created even a vintage SRV-like tone! 

That is usually so hard to obtain." - Marius Pop (guitar virtuoso & teacher)

Check out the video teaser:

Soundwise posted this vid on the IK Mesa Boogie thread and it does AmpLion Pro a service when it comes to the Dual Rec model.  Sure, it's not perfect, but the sim is way long in the tooth already and still  has some goodness to it.  Of course, he's running it through  an OwnHammer IR but that's also testament to the value of a good 3rd party IR for most amp sims I've run across/can afford.  I expect the new AmpLion to impress after all this time.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2021 at 2:08 AM, abacab said:

Their Gallien-Krueger bass amp is cool. Free bundle with Amplion Free...

https://shop.audified.com/products/live-guitar-and-bass-bundle-le

I have Pro versions of both. GK amp-sim is very flexible. If you like GK bass amps, this version by Audiffied is a must-have. Unfortunately, I never liked GK bass amps, real or emulated. For some reason, the sound through these amps doesn't sit well in the mix. To my ear. YMMV.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

I have Pro versions of both. GK amp-sim is very flexible. If you like GK bass amps, this version by Audiffied is a must-have. Unfortunately, I never liked GK bass amps, real or emulated. For some reason, the sound through these amps doesn't sit well in the mix. To my ear. YMMV.

Yep, well that GK is better than no amp sim if you are using a virtual bass, as it fattens up the sound and eliminates that 100% DI quality of raw bass samples. But I understand it's probably not the most popular choice out there.

But since I now have IK Amplitube 4 MAX with the Ampeg SVX and SVX 2 collections (including the SVT Classic, the SVT 4 PRO, the SVT VR, & others), my choices for bass amps are a bit better, including a nice selection of cabinets!

Then toss in some Ample and MODO, and I'm good to go for virtual bass! :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abacab said:

Yep, well that GK is better than no amp sim if you are using a virtual bass, as it fattens up the sound and eliminates that 100% DI quality of raw bass samples.

Raw bass samples isn't a bad thing per se. Most of the time I prefer DI bass to amped/reamped. A nice compressor and an EQ or a channel strip plugin help shape sampled bass sounds way better than any bass amp-sim I've tried. Also, it's not uncommon to split bass guitar signal via DI-box, running it through PA for audience and using an amp solely for bass player's convenience. But if you must use a bass amp, nothing comes close to Ampeg's tone and character.

IMO, so take it with a grain of salt.