A = 432Hz

synkrotron

17 hours ago, John K said:

Guys,

Wanted to share a perspective on this that may not mean shit to a tree...

That was a brilliant bookmark-worthy post, John. Your conclusion about the power of suggestion is spot on. 

Then again, why do TV newsreaders universally have low-pitched voices? Could they be tapping into cosmic vibrations that make them sound more credible? 

An interesting experiment would be to play back Piers Morgan at a slower speed and see if people suddenly find him credible. 

• Haha 1

We all know lots of vocalists use exercises to prepare their voices for singing, but I've always used the following exercise back when I was a DJ (1980-83) and before I did any voice-over work:

It's called the "King Kong" exercise.  Basically you say the following three phrases (in any order really) with the goal of stretching your vocal chords so you can have a lower pitched voice.

"King Kong!" (at a comfortably low pitch)

"Ding Dong!" (at a lower pitch)

"Bing Bong!" (at an even lower pitch but where you extend that finally "onnnnnnnnnnnng" lower and lower)

I like to run through it a few times varying the order of phrases.  Works great!

17 hours ago, bitflipper said:

An interesting experiment would be to play back Piers Morgan at a slower speed and see if people suddenly find him credible. 

No matter what pitch you play it back at, it's still Piers Morgan. And therefore he is still eminently twattable.

In England and Wales it is now a criminal offence not to punch Piers Morgan on sight, punishable by either a fine of up to £10,000 or up to six months imprisonment.  The appropriate legislation is still pending in Northern Ireland and Scotland.

18 hours ago, bitflipper said:

The clue is right there in his name...........big M, small organ.

4 hours ago, Wibbles said:

No matter what pitch you play it back at, it's still Piers Morgan. And therefore he is still eminently twattable.

In England and Wales it is now a criminal offence not to punch Piers Morgan on sight, punishable by either a fine of up to £10,000 or up to six months imprisonment.  The appropriate legislation is still pending in Northern Ireland and Scotland.

NI and S are holding out for stiffer punishment? 🤣