Trying to register Dimension Pro

a.t. vish

For some reason, I have had horrible times with installing ALL versions of Dimension Pro (so confused by all the versions and whether they are 32 or 64 bit, etc).  For what ever reason, I had to reinstall Dimension Pro, trying to get some old projects working.  I just installed every version of Dimension Pro in my old products page at Cakewalk, figuring what ever version the old project needs, it will access it.  Dimension Pro installed but when it asks to register with the registration code, the registration code listed at my old Cakewalk account Products page, does not work.  Im simply looking at the dialogue box that pops up with the serial number of the current Dimension Pro and I am copying and pasting the registration code that corresponds to the serial code (according to my Products list).  And further, NONE of the registration codes listed for all the versions of Dimension Pro I purchased over those years will work, which I didnt think they would, of course, because they arent the reg codes for the corresponding serial number.

Capture.JPG

The registration code relates to the version being registered. The version is in the first few characters of the code.

When using the version that shipped with Platinum the easiest way to activate DP is install using the Command Center.

The Command Center automatically activates anything it installs.

Manual activation requires running the standalone synth or the DAW as administrator to get the registration code accepted.

Once activated, the standalone and DAW do not need to run as administrator.

3 hours ago, scook said:

Manual activation requires running the standalone synth or the DAW as administrator to get the registration code accepted.

Once activated, the standalone and DAW do not need to run as administrator.

It needs to write to the registry to activate the product, correct? I seem to recall encountering a similar challenge a few years ago...

7 hours ago, scook said:

When using the version that shipped with Platinum the easiest way to activate DP is install using the Command Center.

The Command Center automatically activates anything it installs.

What do we do if we can't log in to the Command Center? I just tried and it recognizes my email, shows my old forum name, but won't accept my password. When I click reset password I never get a reset email. Any thoughts on the next step to take? Thanks.

Everything on the old site including the Command Center uses the the same user ID and password from the single sign on system created in 2014 and used through 2017.

Email service from the old servers was shutdown in 2017.

To regain access to your old Cakewalk account contact support@cakewalk.com

For more info about legacy product support see https://help.cakewalk.com/hc/en-us/categories/360001718094-Legacy-Products

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, scook said:

Everything on the old site including the Command Center uses the the same user ID and password from the single sign on system created in 2014 and used through 2017.

Email service from the old servers was shutdown in 2017.

To regain access to your old Cakewalk account contact support@cakewalk.com

Thanks. I did have access but I must have used a password I didn't log so I'll have to contact them again. I'm keeping a written log of my passwords now. So far I'm up to 45. It's crazy.