What has happened to Cakewalk Google search results

RICHARD HUTCHINS

Question

Odd thing today; being a novice I spend loads of time Googling Cakewalk queries, ( conscious of my ignorance on everything I try not to bother the forum) but today, up comes this site each time ( screenshot) its never happened before. is it a browser issue? The site looks to be genuine but its a portal not a proper search query returned? And its useless at returning a result which matches my query...odd.

Capture.PNG

15 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, JoseC said:

I saw that too. It was scary, for a moment I thought that Cakewalk was gone again, this time without warning. 

I got that same thing this morning too. I went to bandlab site and used the link for cakewalk and cakewalk forum and got the same site above.  So I figured it would be sorted out shortly and it was.

2 hours ago, John Vere said:

I don't think Cakewalk has ever used that logo. So I would have not proceeded further.  Just see what the actual URL is first, I would imagine it's not a .com 

It was discuss. cakewalk. com

But all is well now 

Yeah, have had this on and off all day. Raised it on the FB page this morning. Found I had to delete all cookies and go direct to the Bandlab site and from there go to the forum (missed a whole day of cclarry deals!!!). Still flaky. Hopefully sorted by tomorrow. If bookmarked it has a green icon with NS on it in Firefox. Not the CWB one.