RICHARD HUTCHINS

What has happened to Cakewalk Google search results

Question

Odd thing today; being a novice I spend loads of time Googling Cakewalk queries, ( conscious of my ignorance on everything I try not to bother the forum) but today, up comes this site each time ( screenshot) its never happened before. is it a browser issue? The site looks to be genuine but its a portal not a proper search query returned? And its useless at returning a result which matches my query...odd.

Capture.PNG

15 answers to this question

I came across the same this morning just clicking my normal link to the site. Actually said domain renewal was required. As a regular lurker, I missed my morning entertainment 🍻

It’s working now.  Perhaps you mistyped the url...  I often  see this sort of thing when I make a typo

No I didn't type an URL, it was a search string in a browser, up comes a few links, and when I clicked it took me to this odd site, no matter which I chose. But yes its working now.  Hmmm

I don't think Cakewalk has ever used that logo. So I would have not proceeded further.  Just see what the actual URL is first, I would imagine it's not a .com 

Odd indeed. I use my PC exclusively for recording but its hooked up to the internet so you never really know if you are safe. I will be mega wary from now.

I saw that too. It was scary, for a moment I thought that Cakewalk was gone again, this time without warning. 

2 minutes ago, JoseC said:

I saw that too. It was scary, for a moment I thought that Cakewalk was gone again, this time without warning. 

I got that same thing this morning too. I went to bandlab site and used the link for cakewalk and cakewalk forum and got the same site above.  So I figured it would be sorted out shortly and it was.

I too ran into this and checked periodically for a couple of hours until it finally returned.

I might guess a server or dns crashed somewhere?

2 hours ago, John Vere said:

I don't think Cakewalk has ever used that logo. So I would have not proceeded further.  Just see what the actual URL is first, I would imagine it's not a .com 

It was discuss. cakewalk. com

But all is well now 

15 minutes ago, RICHARD HUTCHINS said:

Phew! I do so many dumb things on Cakewalk I thought it was me, as usual! 😌

For your penance you shall spend 10 days down in the coffeehouse with us bunch of lunatics :D

They had to update the DNS records.  When that is done, it takes about 24 to 48 hours to propagate through to all the DNS servers on the internet.

Yeah, have had this on and off all day. Raised it on the FB page this morning. Found I had to delete all cookies and go direct to the Bandlab site and from there go to the forum (missed a whole day of cclarry deals!!!). Still flaky. Hopefully sorted by tomorrow. If bookmarked it has a green icon with NS on it in Firefox. Not the CWB one.