IK Krazy Deal - Amplitube Mesa Boogie

cclarry

1 minute ago, InstrEd said:

How dare you pay full price!  

We shall forgive you this one time ;) 

It really wasn't full price. I think I used Jam Points to bring it down. Though I may have forgotten to apply the JP.

This package goes to show how far IK has come in terms of modeling.  The Mark III models that have been part of the package since version 3 are nearly useless.  The Mark III in the MB collection on the other hand has some really good sounds in it.

7 hours ago, Magic Russ said:

This package goes to show how far IK has come in terms of modeling.  The Mark III models that have been part of the package since version 3 are nearly useless.  The Mark III in the MB collection on the other hand has some really good sounds in it.

And the Mark stuff is the only thing worth it in the pack. Everybody has Dual Rectifier emulations.

5 hours ago, Soundwise said:

*Vid of Mesa dual rectifier*

I had one of those way back when I used to play live. I regretted buying it very soon after. Never could dial in a good sound with it live. I ended up using it clean with a rack mount FX unit. I used a Strat back then and they don't seem to play well with those Mesa amps so maybe that was the problem.

5 minutes ago, Shane_B. said:

I had one of those way back when I used to play live. I regretted buying it very soon after. Never could dial in a good sound with it live. I ended up using it clean with a rack mount FX unit. I used a Strat back then and they don't seem to play well with those Mesa amps so maybe that was the problem.

I never liked MB Rectifiers either. They work well with active humbuckers for metal head-banging genres, though. What's your favorite amp?

30 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

I never liked MB Rectifiers either. They work well with active humbuckers for metal head-banging genres, though. What's your favorite amp?

I sold my Mesa and bought a cheap little Fender Champion 100. It's a bare bones modelling amp. That thing sounds better than any amp I have ever owned. I love it. It's a 2 x 12 combo 100 Watt modelling amp with a few hardware knobs for selecting the models and effects and that's it. It sounds really good with my Strat, Tele, and Sheraton II hollow body. 

Here's a link to YouTube vid about it. Ironically it's by a guy named Shane who also happens to play left handed. Hah. I'm right handed but play guitar left handed. It's a curse.

For recording I just run my guitar through the 2 ART units in my signature and use Guitar Rig Pro 4.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Soundwise said:

What's your favorite amp?

My '67 Super Reverb and a 70's champ that runs a close second. I have a 70's Ampeg V-4 that needs an output transformer that I want to put back in service. It was awesome back the day. I still have the first amp I bought. It's a 60s Ampeg Reverberocket 2. It has sentimental value but I can't say I ever loved it. That said I gonna pick up a Mark Five 35 combo soon. My wife thinks I have too many amps, I think she has too many shoes. 😆

Rocky