Modo SE crazy deals, 40 bucks.

56 minutes ago, Finnbogi Ragnar Ragnarsson said:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?id=ModoSEKrazyDeal2021

and 

https://www.jrrshop.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Modo&order=relevance&dir=desc

I'd like to know, if I benefit from a better upgrade to the real deal by buying Modo Drum SE, when I already have last years Total Studio......

Judging by the now closed post on Total Studio MAX 3, you don't.

Some pretty interesting/impressive tech that doesn't seem to get a whole lot of attention these days.

Note for thsoe trying it out.   You can't seem to demo the SE Versions.  So you might run into a few surprises once you lock it down to the lower end version.

Drums for example, obviously you only get 2 kits.  However, what isnt' exactly straightforward is that during the demo phase those two kits have different cymbals you can switch between across each of them.  You only get one set with the SE version.

Despite the claim that the Drums are syntasized, it still has about a 12 gig download (for some samples) which makes it larger than, EZ Drummer, AD, and half the size of Drum Core - which has like 20+ kits and audio loops for a plethora of drummers.

CPU hit is also higher than expected given the proported system efficiencies of this model.

That said, tech is impressive and with JamPoints seems like a reasonable deal.

The Bass is only about 200 megs and it includes the 5 and 6 string options for the P-Bass which was welcome.

(and Jamstix does have pre-set outputs for MODO drums of both kits, so you don't have to do the mapping yourself)

Edited by Brian Walton

6 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

The Bass is only about 200 megs and it includes the 50 string option for the P-Bass which was welcome.

I have the full version of MODO Bass, and I'm still looking for the 50 string option...

So far only 4, 5, or 6 for me. :)

• Haha 1

On 3/4/2021 at 6:20 AM, Finnbogi Ragnar Ragnarsson said:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?id=ModoSEKrazyDeal2021

and 

https://www.jrrshop.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Modo&order=relevance&dir=desc

I'd like to know, if I benefit from a better upgrade to the real deal by buying Modo Drum SE, when I already have last years Total Studio......

You'd qualify for the crossgrade which, combined with the 39.99 sale price in this promotion would be less than the full MODO DRUM.  I'll put in a request for a special offer to those who participated in this promotion who would like to upgrade (similar to what our team has been able to offer those who purchased AmpliTube 5  but then realized they really wanted AT5 MAX).

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

You'd qualify for the crossgrade which, combined with the 39.99 sale price in this promotion would be less than the full MODO DRUM. 

Let me see if I understand this.  Are you saying someone without any IKM products can get MODO DRUM SE for $39.99 and then upgrade to MODO DRUM FULL for $199.99 instead of the current price of $299.99 for a savings of $60.00?

If so, this seems to be more than someone who has a qualifying IKM product and just pays the $199.99 (a savings of $100.00) for MODO DRUM FULL.

1 hour ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

I'll put in a request for a special offer to those who participated in this promotion who would like to upgrade (similar to what our team has been able to offer those who purchased AmpliTube 5  but then realized they really wanted AT5 MAX).

Are you saying that if the special offer request is accepted, someone who own Total Studio Max 2 could get MODO DRUMS FULL for an even greater savings?

Thanks.

2 hours ago, User 905133 said:

Let me see if I understand this.  Are you saying someone without any IKM products can get MODO DRUM SE for $39.99 and then upgrade to MODO DRUM FULL for $199.99 instead of the current price of $299.99 for a savings of $60.00?

If so, this seems to be more than someone who has a qualifying IKM product and just pays the $199.99 (a savings of $100.00) for MODO DRUM FULL.

Are you saying that if the special offer request is accepted, someone who own Total Studio Max 2 could get MODO DRUMS FULL for an even greater savings?

Thanks.

Yes, it qualifies because the MSRP is over 99.99... If you already have IK products 99.99+ you can just crossgrade to the full version if that's what you want.  I must not have explained clearly because if someone already paid 99.99 they definitely did pay more than if you pay 39.99 for a product that qualifies as a product worth 99.99+ and then crossgrade.  Basically, it would only apply if this is your first IK product.  Otherwise, crossgrading directly based on what you already have would be the more cost effective option.  Buying a smaller version or gear piecemeal/a la carte is always going to have pros and cons vs buying full/MAX versions at once.

I'm saying that I'll see if there's any option to give a special offer to people who participated in this promotion, similar to those with a bit of "buyer's remorse" who bought  a version of AmpliTube 5 that wasn't the MAX version but ended up wanting MAX after they started using AT5 in earnest.  We've been able to help accommodate those folks in some ways if they contact IK Support.

If you own Total Studio 2 MAX and want MODO DRUMS (full) you might want to consider what else you'd get with Total Studio 3 MAX as that would end up at 299.99 using MAXgrade and the $200 coupon.  As always, it depends on what you really want - you may not need the rest of the products you'd end up with in that case for the extra $100.

Edited by Peter - IK Multimedia
  • Thanks 1

On 3/6/2021 at 6:56 PM, Brian Walton said:

Despite the claim that the Drums are syntasized, it still has about a 12 gig download (for some samples) which makes it larger than, EZ Drummer, AD, and half the size of Drum Core - which has like 20+ kits and audio loops for a plethora of drummers.

The drums are synthesized. The cymbals are not. This is why MODO Drum is considerably larger than MODO Bass.

9 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

You'd qualify for the crossgrade which, combined with the 39.99 sale price in this promotion would be less than the full MODO DRUM.  I'll put in a request for a special offer to those who participated in this promotion who would like to upgrade (similar to what our team has been able to offer those who purchased AmpliTube 5  but then realized they really wanted AT5 MAX).

Is there/will there be a crossgrade option for those who own the full version of Amplitube 4 and want to upgrade to the full version of Amplitube 5?

Just now, Freyja Grimaude-Valens said:

Is there/will there be a crossgrade option for those who own the full version of Amplitube 4 and want to upgrade to the full version of Amplitube 5?

That crossgrade is currently $149...

If you don't have A4 then the price is $199...

From A4 to A5 SE is $99 - otherwise $149.99
From A4 to A5 is $149 - otherwise $199.99
From A4 to A5 Max is $299 - otherwise $399.99