Trailer

David Sprouse

As always, really interesting listen David . . . just the right touch of macabre. I especially like it when the clown starts smashing the cymbals randomly. (or, maybe that was you) Actually, the drum kit entrance totally took me by surprise. Is it a 1960's clown, hence the 60's organ sound ? Or, is that all part of the menace feel ? BTW, yes, I like this piece a lot ! If you hadn't mentioned "evil clown" I might have thought of it as a punk rock comedy, but definitely has a theatrical feel overall.

19 hours ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

Really enjoyed that intro & ending as well as the edginess of the track.

HS thanks for your generous review.   Writing in this genre is a little ezr than jazz (as you do) but can be emotionally compelling. :D:D

Edited by David Sprouse

16 hours ago, noynekker said:

As always, really interesting listen David . . . just the right touch of macabre. I especially like it when the clown starts smashing the cymbals randomly. (or, maybe that was you) Actually, the drum kit entrance totally took me by surprise. Is it a 1960's clown, hence the 60's organ sound ? Or, is that all part of the menace feel ? BTW, yes, I like this piece a lot ! If you hadn't mentioned "evil clown" I might have thought of it as a punk rock comedy, but definitely has a theatrical feel overall.

Noy, were the cymbals clipping?  I cant always tell because I listen at such low volumes.  I was trying to evoke tubular bells from *the exorcist* but instead of evil clown, I got evil clown CAR. :D:D

spooky and i like it.

On 3/4/2021 at 3:27 PM, David Sprouse said:

Noy, were the cymbals clipping?  I cant always tell because I listen at such low volumes. 

don't rely on those ears look at the led meters always.great drums!jack c.

On 3/5/2021 at 5:43 PM, Andrew Rhodes said:

It's like evil early Genesis, in a good way!! 😈

On 3/5/2021 at 10:49 PM, bjornpdx said:

David,
Yep definitely a scary clown soundtrack. This set off some interesting imagery in my head.
-Bjorn

On 3/5/2021 at 3:26 PM, mark skinner said:

It's amazing what comes out of your head ..  I liked it  , but not sure if I enjoyed it. 

Thank you men.  Putting *evil clown* in title sure gets a lot of hits.

Edited by David Sprouse

On 3/6/2021 at 1:44 AM, Bajan Blue said:

definitely macabre!! it really would make a good horror type soundtrack

Cool

Nigel

On 3/6/2021 at 2:06 PM, jack c. said:

spooky and i like it.

don't rely on those ears look at the led meters always.great drums!jack c.

On 3/7/2021 at 2:26 AM, Wookiee said:

@David Sprouse nice I like the sense of menace, the erie pipe sound, the manic drums. cool stuff.

On 3/6/2021 at 2:40 PM, Lynn Wilson said:

If you ever meet Steven King - beware!!  You could write a story based on this.  Maybe you already have~~~

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy days to listen to my music. *Tigger vs. Cujo*  is my next piece.

Edited by David Sprouse