Auction - The David Gilmour Guitar Collection

SteveStrummerUK

5 hours ago, SteveStrummerUK said:

Get your cash ready ....

WOW , that sure was a nice way to spend my time dreaming about iconic guitars .

I worked at the music store mentioned in the video where he bought some of those guitars  ( in the 80's )

If I had the coin I would  Love  to get his  White Penguin and  his 50's  reissue    Gold Top .

For some reason I have White Penguin  on my mind ...

anyway ,

I had a Gibson Les Paul Gold Top w 2 P 90's like his from the same era ..it was a 50's reissue . It  my first Les Paul ever. It didn't have the Gold on the back ..It had a super nice slab of mahogany ....it was from the 70's  a genuine Gibson Reissue Gold Top and I still kick my self in the a$$ for selling it  ..

Super cool video

Drool drool slurp slurp ..hello maintenance , this is an emergency , Please send a  janitor  ASAP with a fresh mop and bucket  to  clean up the waterfall inspired spill dripping down out the side of my mouth ...I am  drooling and a dripping much  worse than the dog that did that movie with Tom Hanks .

Secretary write this down and send this  to my wallet 

Dear  Wallet ,  lets shake a leg , We need to get well sooner rather than later  , Lets get off life support and live a little ..

P S , lets do this  before I kick the bucket .

Kenny

3 hours ago, craigb said:

Maybe this goes back to your confusion between penguins and midget nuns? 😆

HEY ,  watch what you be saying there sonny boy . we got feelings too

latest?cb=20060324015056

FWIW , As far a dwarf sized wimenz go I happen to like Meredith Eaton .....

d85780e06de1982325b567540c61ec56.jpg

Kenny

47 minutes ago, craigb said:

I wonder if Meredith owns a pizza parlor with beer...

🤣

8 hours ago, Kenny Wilson said:

For some reason I have White Penguin  on my mind ...

Kenny

42 minutes ago, Grem said:

Please...... let's not go there!!

You can do what you want ...I'm going there ...

She Sounds So Sweet .

Kenny

4 minutes ago, Grem said:

Sound good for sure. Looks really good too!!

Wonder how much?

I was very interested in The White Penguin about a year ago . That is when it hit my guitar GAS radar .

They are very hard to come by since they are a limited edition custom guitar . They were expensive ...I saw them going for South of 5 grand ...

As far as I'm concerned I would have to classify   The White Penguin as " a dream Guitar " I would someday like to own and play ..

Would I buy a White Penguin ? Yes I would if I could break the income bracket I have been stuck in for the past decade ....

At this point I am Lucky enough to have a Gibson Les Paul R 8 which was a gift from a true friend ....

Kenny

23 hours ago, craigb said:

"South of 5 grand?"  That cheap?  😏

Yeah that's a  lot of money for guys like us huh ?

I had a friend in Cali named Vic , I knew him since High School from back east  , any way Vic did well for himself .

He had a number of vintage guitars and a few  handmade  Benedetto's that cost him well over 20 grand   apiece . 

I used to go to his house and play his guitars all the time ...Pre War Martins , 50's and 60's Strats , Tele, 335's and a cheap a$$ed Gibson L 5 that was only 7 grand

Sure a 20 or 30 thousand dollar guitar   sounds like a lot when your playing an Epi like I was at the time . I suppose it is all relative ..

I used to get a kick out of him driving us over to hear music  in the Mercedes  convertible w the top down  . Funny thing he hired me to play a few shows with him as a blues act .w a female singer ..he sure loved playing blues on  his Paul Reed Smith that cost him only 6500 bucks ...lol

We were sort of like the Ying and Yang brothers he would play guitars that cost more than my car and i would play guitars that cost a bout as much as a diner date for 2 .

for the record most of my guitar playing these days has been on a guitar that only cost me 119 dollars ...

I have to keep my good guitars in a case because Duke is a leaner ...

anyway here is what  my 119  dollar guitar  sounds like

Kenny

Edited by Kenny Wilson
  • Like 1