New: IKM Total Studio 3

Sander Verstraten

And, just for clarity's sake, we all need to be reminded that some of the DUMBEST people on the PLANET have "Degrees"...
so I don't think that that's a "badge of honor" that I'd care to be flashing at this point in time!  Having a piece of paper doesn't
make one "Smart", or even "Educated".  It means that you've put in your time, and kissed enough bahooki, to get "a piece of paper".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

I can understand some frustrations, but honestly, bashing publicly a company is not going to help anyone here. It would be really appreciated if anyone keeps it civilized and manifest their frustrations in a polite way. I come here because I like the generally positive spirit. Thank you.

And in the other direction too, so please include me in that statement.  Regardless of what type of post I was responding to I also did not contribute to the generally positive (and might I say normally Dude-like) spirit either.  My apologies for dragging.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, cclarry said:

And, just for clarity's sake, we all need to be reminded that some of the DUMBEST people on the PLANET have "Degrees"...

Saw lots of those at Harvard and MIT. Then again, some of the smartest people on the planet are those who know they’re dumb.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, cclarry said:

so I don't think that that's a "badge of honor" that I'd care to be flashing at this point in time!  Having a piece of paper doesn't
make one "Smart", or even "Educated".  It means that you've put in your time, and kissed enough bahooki, to get "a piece of paper".

In other words: You are not the knowledge you have, but what you do with it.

• Great Idea 1

24 minutes ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

I can understand some frustrations, but honestly, bashing publicly a company is not going to help anyone here. It would be really appreciated if anyone keeps it civilized and manifest their frustrations in a polite way. I come here because I like the generally positive spirit. Thank you.

I've been bashing companies PUBLICLY for DECADES!

If somebody DOESN'T do it, then HOW DO THEY KNOW THAT THEY'VE MESSED UP?

No offense Yan, but it's the FENCE RIDERS that have caused MOST of our problems...
those who sit back and say NOTHING PUBLICLY, while the Corporations RAILROAD, ROB, USE, AND ABUSE 
people...

Sorry, but I'm not one of those "Sheep".

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

Keep in mind that the same company you're defending also runs a forum where people vent into deaf years, as none of the developers look at it. You are encouraged to get in contact with their support instead, figure which of the 8 departments your email should go and...Judging by the posts of bugs that are still there...and present in the software which hasn't received an update in months because they have to focus and hype the shiny new product that was just released.

Companies are not your friends. You have all the rights to complain about being short-changed by a product you paid money for, both in public and privately.

• Like 2

Even though I see there's some doubling down, I still stick by my apology for contributing to the opposite of the Dude-like vibe.  To help make up for it, I will hint at another move officially done on purpose since I just changed prices for the same reason the video and pages for TS3 were opened so something is also going on promo announced tomorrow.  What it is is coded in my message.

But seriously.  Sorry, I shouldn't dig in the dirt.  I think many will be happy with the additional savings on TS3 when the announcement is made (basically when the news is up and emails will be sent but the news will be visible before most get emails) so I'm glad to have mentioned that here and have not done so elsewhere.

Edited by Peter - IK Multimedia
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Pete-IK has helped me out a few times by having Ryan for one, private message me to take my email and sort out my problem a couple years back. I might not like some things IK does as a company but the staff has does a stellar job at least for me :) 

Peace.

• Like 4

Just for clarity sake, I'm not defending anyone here. I also have some frustrations from time to time. It's just that sometime being in front of a computer or an electronic device, we forget that there are human beings on the other side and we may not always know some informations that may temper some frustrations. 

And I also studied at University, and that's where I discovered that the more I learned, the less I actually know.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

wow.. thats a lot of IKM stuff in that one.. it's true.. Total Studio is truly the way to go if you want all IKM stuff

True. In fact, each time I see a Total Studio sale, I wish I hadn’t got any IK stuff yet. Or maybe only one “$99 product” as that would let me crossgrade to Total Studio in one cheap go. 
But I’ve already got lots of IK stuff, which makes me feel stupid each time they do these “crossgrade from any $99 product” offers. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fleer said:

True. In fact, each time I see a Total Studio sale, I wish I hadn’t got any IK stuff yet. Or maybe only one “$99 product” as that would let me crossgrade to Total Studio in one cheap go. 
But I’ve already got lots of IK stuff, which makes me feel stupid each time they do these “crossgrade from any $99 product” offers. 

If I recall, I could use Jampoints when I bought Total Studio 2 upgrade. I think I got the upgrade around 150$ after applying the points. I still have a lot of Jampoints, so if can use them again and the upgrade price ends up around that price, that would be really reasonable considering all the new stuff added since I bought version 2.

• Like 1

I bought TSmax2 a few months ago - now they want £499 to upgrade to the new version....insane pricing as I have most of the products already.

Amplitube 5 is nice but they mistakenly think their products are as nice as NI (not even close IMO!) but their upgrade pricing is mind boggling.