Frys Electronics closed for good.

kitekrazy

Fry's. Two brothers split the business. One took grocery, the other took electronics.

Adidas/Puma. Two brothers split the business. One took Adidas, the other took Puma/Reebok (ha ha ha).

Aldi's. Two brothers split the business. One took Aldi's Sud (south)/Aldi's US, the other took Aldi's Nord (north)/Trader Joe's.

Spot the trend?

14 minutes ago, John Maar said:

Fry's. Two brothers split the business. One took grocery, the other took electronics.

Adidas/Puma. Two brothers split the business. One took Adidas, the other took Puma/Reebok (ha ha ha).

Aldi's. Two brothers split the business. One took Aldi's Sud (south)/Aldi's US, the other took Aldi's Nord (north)/Trader Joe's.

Spot the trend?

Lots more Siamese twins than I realized.

The Aldi's story is really weird. I read one time that the one can sell cigarettes and the other can't. Don't remember which one and I don't feel like fact checking myself. But I read it somewhere. I like Aldi's although the one here is filthy. The ones up in Iowa were much nicer. Everything is much nicer up in Iowa.

The Fry's in Downers Grove, IL hasn't been that great for several years now. Even before the pandemic the selection wasn't like it use to be.  My wife's cousin was in town two years ago and had to stop at Fry's. When we saw him for dinner he was like what a wasted trip. I tried to tell him he would be better going to Microcenter a few miles away.  I brought a couple of Computer cases from Fry's and they had a great selection to choose from. 

6 hours ago, John Maar said:

Spot the trend?

The Beatles. Five guys split and three die, while one of the dead ones was replaced by a clone.

That trend is very old still.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1