Eternity

RexRed

Nice, but if I was mixing this, would just take the vocal back down into the mix just a tad, it is good but the vocal feels/sounds little to forward and detached from the rest of the backing.

This is obviously just the furry opinion of a furry alien from a galaxy far far far away.  I did enjoy as is though.

• Like 1

Hey Wookie, I use my big 15 inch Kustom speakers to assess and bring the vocal into the mix and yesterday the transformer/amp circuit board in one of them fried. My studio room was filled with noxious toxic smoke. I just had them on and I was not even driving them with a signal. I am looking into replacing the parts so I had to guess the vocal to mix ratio through my headphones which does not work in my experience. I will revisit the song at some point.  Thanks Jack for the compliment, glad you like it! 👍😉  I thought the vocal was a bit hot and up front but it is in the ballpark I think. 

RexRed . . . total respect for this one. the vocal talent really shines through on this one, again . . . you keep cranking out such great songs ! Ultimate love song, hope she appreciates it. On my headphones I hear a bit of over sibilance in a few places, but it never sounds too brash, nothing serious, and doesn't take away from the delivery of the song. I only say this to help in your mix . . . because this one really deserves to be "perfect"

• Like 1

Thanks for the comment Noynekker, Yes, it is a bit brash in places. I am thinking of adding harmonies and cranking down the vocal volume in a few places to make it fit into the music a bit better. It sort of passes the way it is but could use some very slight tweaks.  

Every one of your songs I've listened to has been a great experience.  You've got a great voice.  Doubling the guitar with synths was a super nice touch; I'm not listening with headphones so a bit harder to detect any harshness in higher ranges but even if they're there, it's a fine piece.  I was really hoping the synth would help ride the song out and I wasn't disappointed!

• Like 1