cclarry

Sonarworks Reference 4 + FREE Monoprice Headphones

1 minute ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

The million dollar question here is:

Do the phones JRR are offering with the license even have a Sonarworks profile?

I believe these are matched Headphones, but I can't swear to that...

1 minute ago, cclarry said:

I believe these are matched Headphones, but I can't swear to that...

I'll check, but I remember the bundle with headphones you can buy direct from Sonarworks comes with Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro headphones instead of some Sony MDR-7500 lookalike models from a budget brand.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Here is the list of supported/profiled headphones

https://www.sonarworks.com/reference/headphones

Well, the phones bundled look to be Premium Hi-Fi DJ models, which do have a Sonarworks profile. It's a bit hard to tell because there's zero information about the phones on JRR. All of the product page is Sonarworks marketing stuff.

Edited by Bruno de Souza Lino

1 minute ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

Well, the phones bundled look to be Premium Hi-Fi DJ models, which do have a Sonarworks profile. It's a bit hard to tell because there's zero information about the phones on JRR. All of the product page is Sonarworks marketing stuff.

True that...I couldn't find any info on them either!

Also, at this price point, I wouldn't expect them to be very much....

Just now, cclarry said:

Also, at this price point, I wouldn't expect them to be very much....

I'm currently using a pair of Sony MDR-ZX110 that I had to put new TRS plugs in twice and the cushions are worn to the point the phones don't fit snug in my head. I'm used to "less expectant" phones. Not buying that bundle because I don't have money.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

I'm currently using a pair of Sony MDR-ZX110 that I had to put new TRS plugs in twice and the cushions are worn to the point the phones don't fit snug in my head. I'm used to "less expectant" phones. Not buying that bundle because I don't have money.

I have the earlier version of those cans, they're my "lightweight" phones. Replacement ear cushions are readily and cheaply available. I recently did mine as the original ones were starting to flake.

Just now, Starship Krupa said:

I have the earlier version of those cans, they're my "lightweight" phones. Replacement ear cushions are readily and cheaply available. I recently did mine as the original ones were starting to flake.

I am aware, but I don't have money for those either 😀

How do you guys who really know mixing well think Sonarworks compares to the Waves system? 

I'm trying to decide which one would be best. 

22 hours ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

These are the headphones: Monoprice DJ headphones

Expect what you pay for. I own a pair, I use them when I need close back headphones, and I have Sonarworks. They are not bad, but I have never been tempted to even try mixing on them.

4 hours ago, Jacques Boileau said:

These are the headphones: Monoprice DJ headphones

Expect what you pay for. I own a pair, I use them when I need close back headphones, and I have Sonarworks. They are not bad, but I have never been tempted to even try mixing on them.

I've mixed on far worse than that. Don't worry.