NOIRE Grand Piano for Kontakt

synkrotron

Okay, not a deal. But having plunged into the NOIRE deep end yesterday I wanted to share:-

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/keys/noire/

I fancied something "better" in terms of a piano VST.

I looked into the physical modelling option, Pianoteq and, after a bit of research decided that it wasn't for me.

I then started to look more into "library" options.

I've stayed away from sample libraries for so long. Well, not entirely true because I own and use Battery. It seems, though, if you want something that sounds pretty authentic then samples libraries are the way to go, especially for something like grand piano. At least in my opinion, I hasten to add.

To cut a long story not quite so long, I was looking at the piano day sale offerings on the NI site and, as you scroll down to the bottom of the page, there it is, NOIRE, sneakily added so as to entice you in, and it did, hook, line and sinker.

Anyway, piano library peeps, have a look at the vids and write-ups, let me know what you think :)

cheers

andy

I have been using NOIRE for a few days and am working on a walkthrough video. It seems with each new library the audio quality of the samples themselves just seems to get better; I noticed this with the new C7 patches in SampleTank 4.

Having the two types of pianos (Pure and Felt) give you some interesting options and the new Particle Engine takes things into even more amazing possibilities.

i don’t know if it is just the honeymoon phase but I am really impressed. I did a quick teaser/improv yesterday to just capture something; you can take a look here and stay tuned for my full walkthrough coming soon.

Native Instruments NOIRE : Review Preview
https://youtu.be/QTjqdRxMl-0

Edited by Simeon Amburgey
  • Like 2