Melodyne Internal Pull down menus won't appear on specific project

On my new project the pull down menus inside of melodyne won't appear now so when I put my cursor over 

image.png.ceb7570f15203f19fe61269e66d745b3.png

it will highlight "settings" or wherever I put the mouse, but the menue don't pop down.  The cursor does not get stuck and the other features work fine but I can't access any of the menus.  

It is ONLY for this project other projects work fine.  I have tried rendering all of the melodyne sections and saving as a new file and it doesn't change anything.  I have tried shutting off my computer and doesn't help

Older versions of the same project work fine.    Thanks for any help.

Melodyne is one of those plug-ins where the best practice is to do your editing, then do the bounce to clip and that completes the Melodyne "session" -- it gracefully closes.

It doesn't play nice when it's left to work in real-time while you're still working on your project, and definitely not multiple instances of it.

I found all this out the hard way. If you're worried about printing an effect into a track, make a copy of the track and then archive it first. That's what I do now. Works great with my flow.

On 3/5/2021 at 1:29 PM, razor7music said:

Melodyne is one of those plug-ins where the best practice is to do your editing, then do the bounce to clip and that completes the Melodyne "session" -- it gracefully closes.

It doesn't play nice when it's left to work in real-time while you're still working on your project, and definitely not multiple instances of it.

I found all this out the hard way. If you're worried about printing an effect into a track, make a copy of the track and then archive it first. That's what I do now. Works great with my flow.

thanks for the response.  I didn't know you could load multiple instances of melodyne.  i just load one but often work on two or three tracks. somehow something got stuck here in this file.  still haven't figure it out.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2021 at 2:20 AM, razor7music said:

Might not seem relevant, but did you do something with the view in Windows? I did once to make the view larger and it started cutting parts of my plug-in interfaces out.

Thanks for the response.  I have three monitors and have for a long time.  I'm not clear what you mean by "the view in windows" I presume that means the icon size, sometimes my computer scrambles that and i reset it back to normal.  

I've also noticed some of my waves plugins freeze when I open their windows.  the plugins work fine but i can't access them, not sure if it's related. 

I may have solved the problem.  I rendered all of the melodyne tracks, and deleted a bunch of old tracks in the project. 

I suspected that somehow melodyne information from deleted tracks somehow was being saved in the project and so I loaded in safe mode and towards the end it asked to load melodyne three times, when there were no melodyne tracks in the project.  i said no.  I also asked to load  vocalsync which is odd because I don't use vocalsync.  I said NO and saved it.  Then I reloaded it and it did NOT ask to load melodyne,  Loaded again in regular mode and Waves seems to load properly.  

My theory is that I cleaned out old information from the file, not sure if this is accurate.  But hopefully it will work now 

• Like 1