Waves WUP Sale - 25% Off

cclarry

So I can WUP for $180 or upgrade using and get these12 additional plugins for $145. This makes sense.

CLA Guitars

CLA-2A Compressor / Limiter

CLA-3A Compressor / Limiter

CLA-76 Compressor / Limiter

DeBreath

Kramer HLS Channel

Kramer Master Tape

Kramer PIE Compressor

L3-16 Multimaximizer

Maserati DRM

PuigChild Compressor

UM225 / UM226

Rocky

• Like 1

That seems like a good deal especially if you don't have overlapping products for everything.

(edit: asked a very special-case question about upgrade UI, removed since it distracts from the discussion)

Edited by mister_tea

I went to my user account and clicked upgrades. It gives different upgrade scenarios. All of these would be new to me. I put an upgrade in the cart and applied CREATE40 for a 40% discount and that was the outcome. It would give me a year of wup on most of my existing plugs and add those. Still not gonna do it though. 😆

Bluzdog

• Like 1

thanks! yeah, I was in the same case, it's tempting to get the new stuff and WUP at 40% off, but needed new Mac compatibility for my V9's that wouldn't have been included even in Mercury (and I certainly don't need Mercury).

Ended up purchasing through Koby... Once in 7 years isn't bad, hope I can go that long again :)

• Like 2

I went ahead and WUP-ed it up. I've never WUP-ed before. When I checked my Waves products there were a fair bit that were v9 and over 8 years old. I checked the release notes back a ways and there were enough updates over the years to make it seem a worthwhile investment. Plus, with all of the plugins updated to v12 they will all work in Studio Rack, which is a pretty cool and useful  tool. Personally, I keep all of my licenses that don't require an iLok on a USB flash drive, including Waves. I have all the same plugins installed in my remote laptop rig and I just plug in the USB drive and/or the iLok and everything works fine.  So, it cost $185 and change to update 76 plugins to v12 so I feel it was worth it. Plus, only one waveshell  :)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mister_tea said:

Ended up purchasing through Koby... Once in 7 years isn't bad, hope I can go that long again :)

This is what I was thinking too. Koby gave me a good price to WUP my Mercury bundle. 

• Like 1

On 3/1/2021 at 4:57 PM, dee said:

i am suprised people still willing to pay same plugin 2x or 3x times with waves WUP plan.......if people would  stopped paying this, waves  would have to change the strategy of selling those plugins......

That will never happen. Either people don't change because they don't want to learn a new tool or because they only do it when everyone else does it. It's a similar case with ProTools, except a good portion of old ProTools users own Avid shares, so they have a vested interest in not changing.

2 hours ago, abacab said:

All vendors suck.

They just want your money. Solution: only buy free stuff!

or find a vendor who loves you for who you really are... warts and all

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQBgCVj4bO_UhiHA9fwPHB

Edited by Monomox
  • Great Idea 1