Issue with Spitfire BBCSO plugin interface

Marcos Gouvea

Hi guys!,

Lately I've been dealing with an issue in my BBCSO plugin.  I don't know exactly how it started (but it was these last ten days for sure).  Don't know if it has to do with Cakewalk, or Spitfire or maybe a Windows update...

Well, after opening the piece archive, the instruments' plug-ins load normally; in the beginning, they work as expected.  After some minutes, thou, when I click on the BBCSO plug-ins, it shows 0 CPU used, 0 RAM; they don't show any automation change (including articulation changes, dynamics, expression etc.).  The plug-ins actually "respond" to the midi commands (the sound is correctly affected), but the interface doesn't show it.  The faders in the plug-in remain in their positions, the articulations are kept visually unchanged - although the dynamics, expression and articulations do change, as normal.  I just cannot see the interface following these "events".

I tried to reload, relocate, reinstall - I even deleted the old BBCSO plug-in -,  but the issue remains.  All the other plug-ins work normally.  My computer is a new i9, 32GB, and everything was fine until ten days ago.

Does someone have any idea, suggestion?  Thanks in advance!, Marcos

I've had another, possibly related, problem with the BBCSO interface (I am using the Discovery version): on occasion the plugin window opens with a black background, elements of the interface are missing or appear different, and none of them work. Closing and opening the plugin doesn't improve matters, but exiting and restarting Cakewalk fixes it.

I had an issue with BBCSO where it loaded perfectly and did everything apart from emit sound. In the Spitfire audio app, I used the repair option which I think basically reinstalled it and it worked afterwards. Not sure what caused it, could have been a windows update.