Can't change patches

Blue Drom

I have 2019.03 20 installed.  I have a Kronos.ins file installed.  The Kronos is in Sequencer mode. I can select/assign the bank to all 16 tracks.  I can also select the patch.  However, the only patch that plays is patch 000 for the bank I selected.  What am I doing wrong?

Difficult to say without seeing your project and the event list showing the order in which you select banks and patches.

Also, I don't have a Kronos so I am not familiar with its multi timbral setup.

Normally, each multi timbral "channel" or track will expect a patch change to go out on the MIDI channel assigned to that track.

For instance, I have a Novation Nova, which is six part multi timbral.

I first have to select a particular "performance" which is set up to be in multi timbral mode. I send that selection on MIDI channel 7.

Then for each "program" (or part) I send a PC on MIDI channel 1 for part one, MIDI channel 2 for part two and so on.

And it is most important that the program change message is sent after the performance change message, and not at the same time. What can happen is that a program can be selected correctly, only to be over-ridden with a performance change, which reverts to a default program for that channel.

But that is just the way the NOVA is set up.

Unfortunately, although there is a MIDI standard, each vendor has its own way of implementing that standard. So a "program" on the NOVA might be called a "patch" on a JP-8000.

Sorry if this isn't much of a help.

Hopefully someone does have a Kronos on this forum. If not, I know someone with a Kronos on another forum and I could pose this question to him and see if he can help.

Thanks for your reply.

I think the issue may be windows 10.  It did an update yesterday.  When I restarted today, the problems got even worse.  Now my Kronos is not detected, neither is my RME Babyface,  I can delete the drivers and restart and the babyface reappears, but disappears later.  Serves me right for not disabling updates.