Cakewalk reactivation? - SOLVED

greg54

When I opened up CbB, a box came up that said I had to reactivate CbB within 13 days or my activation would expire.   I used my email and password.  Didn't work.  I used my user name and password.  Didn't work.   I changed my password.   Still didn't work.    So what's the deal with this reactivation?   And how do I do it?

Edited by greg54
  • Like 1

I finally downloaded Bandlab Assistant (Don't know why I hadn't before).   When I signed on to that, it activated CbB.

John Vere:   My computer also saves all my log in info.  But for whatever reason, it didn't work in the little CbB box.

• 1 year later...

Today I got the red flag again. I get it about once a year or so. Logging into the forums doesn't count, I guess.

How long does activation last?

Under normal conditions, if you are signed in to BandLab and your system is online, no further user intervention is required and Cakewalk will stay permanently activated. If your system is offline, however, the activation lease will last for up to 6 months, after which you will need to reactivate Cakewalk. When this happens, you will get a message informing you that Cakewalk needs to be activated.
Activation can also be needed under rare cases if you make major changes to your system like installing a new OS, changing the motherboard, etc. Re-activation will normally occur automatically and seamlessly when you launch Cakewalk if it's needed. However, if you don't have an active internet connection, you will need to enable it or follow the offline activation steps.

Edited by sjoens

It is extremely important to know that you have to create a Bandlab Account and not mistakenly going to the old cakewalk.com website.

Create one by click the orange link seen here

https://www.bandlab.com

Or . . . 

Go to the Help Tab in the DAW and click on Sign-in and create your account from there. If the in-app method fails (which often does and for some reason only accept the entry after three continuously attempts) go to the official website in the link above.  

Edited by Will.

I've logged in to BandLab several times  over the years, so the part about "Cakewalk will stay permanently activated" confuses me.

It sounds like it should only need to be reactivated if your system is offline for 6 months... "If your system is offline, however, the activation lease will last for up to 6 months, after which you will need to reactivate Cakewalk." I'm online everyday.

On 8/27/2022 at 9:46 PM, sjoens said:

I've logged in to BandLab several times  over the years, so the part about "Cakewalk will stay permanently activated" confuses me.

It sounds like it should only need to be reactivated if your system is offline for 6 months... "If your system is offline, however, the activation lease will last for up to 6 months, after which you will need to reactivate Cakewalk." I'm online everyday.

If Cakewalk itself is logged into BandLab, and you've got an internet connection, then it'll automatically re-activate when your activation period is close to running out, or when you install a new Cakewalk update.

Alternatively, you can force re-activation by selecting "Refresh Activation" from the Help menu, which will give you another 6 months.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...