Deleted markers still stop navigation Resolved

Sunraw

Question

Hi I am having a problem deleting markers. This issue is persistent for 2 years. I thought it was solved by opening a new project but it seems to happen with every project.

When I create markers and then go to the markers view and delete them they appear to be deleted but when I use the arrow keys to navigate the now time stops at every spot where the deleted markers were.

Searching the forum I saw only one other user had this problem but it was not resolved.

I finally fixed this by deleting the arranger track. It stumped me because I was not using it.

Edited by Sunraw
Issue resolved

5 answers to this question

I have never had that issue and I delete markers all the time and use the remaining ones for navigation.

In the 20 odd years of using Cakewalk (and it's iterations), navigation using markers only ever use the markers that remain....  never stops at points were markers were.

What version (numerically, don’t just say “the latest”) of Cakewalk by Bandlab are you using?

25 minutes ago, Promidi said:

I have never had that issue and I delete markers all the time and use the remaining ones for navigation.

In the 20 odd years of using Cakewalk (and it's iterations), navigation using markers only ever use the markers that remain....  never stops at points were markers were.

What version (numerically, don’t just say “the latest”) of Cakewalk by Bandlab are you using?

I'm on version 2021.01 build 098 64bit. I have had every update and tried a reinstall. It started 2 years ago.

I was a Roland dealer and started on Cakewalk Pro in 1989. I have Sonar platinum 30th and it does not have this issue.

I was thinking something like this (there is so much corruption these days). I tried creating a new project with and without a template and they were OK for a while.  I first noticed the problem after copying and pasting a section and wanting to get rid of the markers that were copied. 

Thanks you gave me an idea since I have to start a new project to continue anyway. I will make a  template and see if I can determin when the problem starts.