Beat Magazine - Annual Subscription at Zinio 50% off

Mark B

5 hours ago, Sander Verstraten said:

This month's Beat got  IKM Syntronic Bully and a specced down version of Best Service's Halls Of Fame.

Hot damn, now I'm really tempted. I have the free edition of Best Service's Halls of Fame with 50 meg of impulses and while the presets are limited, it sounds amazing, up there with the very best ITB reverbs IMHO. I see the full version is 5.2 gb and the one offered via Beat magazine is "over 1 gb". While it's not the full Halls of Fame 3, it's a lot closer to it than the Free Edition.

Edit: Aaand ... if something seems too good to be true, it probably is. The 1 gig of free impulses are not Halls of Fame impulses at all, but a mixed bag of free impulses from around the internet such as the Big Gee LX480, Airwindows, a few of the Samplitude Bricasti M7 etc. Bit of a bait and switch, since they want you to register and activate the damned thing as if it's something special they have to protect from being pirated. If you've never gone on a hunt for all the best convolution reverbs that you can find online, this might still be worth picking up because the software just works without needing to find a good convolution reverb plugin and spend the time downloading impulse responses yourself. 

Edited by Craig N
  • Sad 1