No deal - fed up with IK Product Manager

Fleer

Really. Tried to add the freebies (Soldano and the like). Production Manager doesn't move an inch. Only queues, it says. For what? For whom? 

And I don't want to write support. Things like this should just work.

Man, how come this company doesn't get better at this ...

Edith: can't even close the Manager, getting an JavaScript Error

Uncaught Exception:

TypeError: item.cancel is not a function

at /Applications/IK Product Manager.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/main.js:267:10

at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)

at CancelAllDownloads (/Applications/IK Product Manager.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/main.js:263:18)

at IpcMainImpl.<anonymous> (/Applications/IK Product Manager.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/main.js:643:2)

at IpcMainImpl.emit (events.js:315:20)

at Object.<anonymous> (electron/js2c/browser_init.js:157:8980)

at Object.emit (events.js:315:20)

At times I hate IK.

Edited by Fleer
  • Sad 1

And guess what, one may think using the Uninstaller may help. Of course not. It says it “successfully uninstalled the IK Product Manager”.
Only it didn’t. Still can’t get this rubbish off my computer.

IK’s Product Manager is like Waves’ WUP  

Hate both with a vengeance.

Edith: did a full restart. Bye bye IK PM. 

Edited by Fleer

1 hour ago, Magic Russ said:

Yeah, I was disappointed I had to manually authorize the new Synthwave pack after installing it through the product manager.   Seems like an unnecessary step.

But now  I have to ask the million dollar question, is the freebie worth the hassle?

Installing the Synthwave sounds and the free AT content seemed to reset my content paths in ST4! It deleted my ST3 path and replaced it with an additional ST4 one! I've reset the paths and rescanned and it seems to be ok now. I was very confused when I opened ST4 initially and most of my content had the download symbol overlay!

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, InstrEd said:

But now  I have to ask the million dollar question, is the freebie worth the hassle?

I think it sounds as good as most of the Syntronik libraries.  I would never have paid $50 for it, but it might see use.

As you can expect, there are a lot of 80s -ish synth sounds.  There are some really fake guitar sounds (keeping with the theme) as well as  a couple of ratty trumpets and a sax in there as well. 

Getting back to the topic of IK annoyances, now I have to figure out why half of my Syntronik libraries show up in the Sampletank player but not Syntronik.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

You all know what will happen. Much like Steinberg, IK will pretend the problem doesn't exist and give you more freebies the next time around just so you stop complaining. Why do you think they gave yet another amp for AT5?

and your point is we are a bunch of weak feeble followers :(  

All I can say is guilty as charged! 

I was away from the forum for a number of years and the last thing I remember was cclarry's epic rant on IK. They are definitely frustrating. Just their policy of requiring loyal customers to pay to redownload a library comes to mind as a company that really doesn't prioritize a good customer experience.  I like their products and I really like Peter, but I really wish they would transform into a customer centric company because they really are not that today. 

On 2/27/2021 at 10:32 AM, Paul Young said:

I still have to old authorization manager installed.  If the product manager fails the other will work.

On 2/27/2021 at 12:24 PM, Magic Russ said:

Yeah, I was disappointed I had to manually authorize the new Synthwave pack after installing it through the product manager.   Seems like an unnecessary step.

Yes, I had to use the old Product Authorization to get my new Syntronik sounds to get recognized, even though IKPM said they were installed and authorized.

[edit] Forgot to add: I really love the sound of all of IK products. It's why I put up with the BS. Same with Waves and Wup. Love the sound of their plugins. 

Edited by Grem