Corrupt Audio Region Detected

Unmuzzled Music

I know there are multiple threads on this topic with workarounds (bounce to clips etc) but I  didn't see comments from Bandlab people about this .   I had this issue on a small number of projects.   The last few days I've dug a bit deeper and noticed a few things:

In my case the clips (or are they called regions now?)  that cause this issue always have multiple audio files behind  them as shown below.  Does this just mean the clip/region has been edited multiple times  or is this unexpected behavior ?   I have noticed lots of regions that I have edited do not have multiple audio files behind them.  A region browser (ala Protools would be handy here).

Another thing I notice is that once when I tried to open "Event View" for a track that had these multiple regions in clips - CW crashed with the crash dump error as show below.

I have a suspicion that this could be related to projects with  multiple bit depth files  (eg 16 and 24 bit audio in the same project)  but I don't have enough evidence to say for sure.

It would be great to hear from  Noel or someone from BL on this topic.

image.png.59e8a563f7eebac9413ccb8efda15383.png

Event view Show Croppped tracks.JPG

I believe you could could go to  utilities /clean audio folder/find files . This will show all of the audio files no longer being used by the project. One or more of these files could be problematic. I've never had a problem deleting all of them , but it can't be undone and will clear your undo/redo history. You could always Backup your project before doing this. I've seen these files get Huge in a long project with  lot of multiple takes.   Just something to consider while troubleshooting .    mark

This is why my habit is to delete as I work.  I found that if all I did was overwrite a bad take, the bad take was saved anyway. It's not clear to me if these get delete when you close so I just delete as I go. I always use overwrite option for recording for this reason too. It's a habit from the days of tape where you had no other choice and it suits me fine. 

19 hours ago, John Vere said:

This is why my habit is to delete as I work.  I found that if all I did was overwrite a bad take, the bad take was saved anyway. It's not clear to me if these get delete when you close so I just delete as I go. I always use overwrite option for recording for this reason too. It's a habit from the days of tape where you had no other choice and it suits me fine. 

I do ctrl+Z after every failed take, so nothing gets saved. Of course it often  happens I keep several potential candidates to choose from later.

Thanks for all your suggestion.

1)  utilities /clean audio folder/find files   - I have run this multiple time deleted al the files it finds but the error still occurs when you open the project,

2)  I don't use overwrite because I really like the comping option especially for vocals.  Given it's a major feature of CW I think it's reasonable to hope to use that work flow without bugs and errors.

Still hoping someone from BL might chip in ?

Now it happens for one more time  in a new project with few tracks.  "A corrupt audio region detected".

I'm doing what some time ago a forumnist named "chuckebaby" suggested: select ALL audio tracks and then use "bounce to clips".

After bouncing to clips, save the project, close it and reopen.

It works fine.