Sonar 8.5: No sound from Dimension Pro

Shaade

8 hours ago, msmcleod said:

Yes, and much more.

Just don't uninstall 8.5 - CbB doesn't come with DP Pro or any of the free 3rd party plugins/instruments, but it will pickup all the stuff you got with 8.5.

You can see here what comes with CbB, and why you will definitely benefit by keeping any existing Sonar with its plugins installed on your PC. You can just point CbB to your existing VST scan paths and use any existing plugins with it.

Cakewalk by BandLab included plugins

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Re-opening this can of worms.  Normally, when I'm "upgrading" a track to a Dimension sound I like better, it's been as simple as changing the output from TTS-1 to Dimension.  I have a case where, with the exception of the drum track, I can't use Dimension or any other plugin.  Silence from the Bass, Guitar, etc.  I'd like to upgrade my Dimension to 1.5, but have not been able to as it requires the 1.2 update first.  I do not have access to my old Cakewalk account.

So far I have  been able to struggle along with Dim 1.0, but this situation has me stumped.  Enclosed is the file "Cripple Creek" which is giving me the problems.

CRIPPLE CREEK.cwp

@devonaire45 I just took a look at Cripple Creek.cwp in the event list view. There is a lot of MIDI data before the first note in many tracks. This is common with 3rd party MIDI files.

While a GM synth like TTS-1 can handle this data, Cakewalk sfz engine synths such as Dimension Pro, Rapture, Studio Instrument and Session Drummer do not. When these synths encounter unexpected data the sfz engine shuts down and the synth goes silent until the project is restarted.

The only way to prevent this from happening with a DX plug-in like Dimension Pro v1 is remove the offending data using the Event list. Removing all the non-note data should stop Dimension Pro from shutting down. Apply the two updates in my previous message and the VST2 version of Dimension Pro will be available. VST2 plug-ins have an option to ignore the data as show in my post on the first page in this thread

• Like 1