Native Instruments Session Guitarist Electric Vintage

cclarry

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

Wow...I completely agree!  That's pretty authentic!

Pretty realistic but our guitar player has drunk and sober modes that I have not seen emulated yet. Depending on what we need him to play we sneak in a few more shots.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

Just now, chris.r said:

It would require more editing afterwards for bringing out more articulation nuances that are impossible to play live, I believe it's doable.

In theory it is doable, but you will never have the feeling by doing it artificially. So in fact you would have to play it first and then redo it with the VSTi and this does not make any sense! Also if you play a real solo, sometimes you draw the pitch into the correct value, i.e. first you bend the string and then you let it go into the correct pitch. Things like that are nearly impossible to do with virtual instruments, you can just do it coping real playing, but you would never do it in "constructing" a solo!

YMMV, but as far as my experience goes (listening to music and playing lead guitar myself) it is too complicate to "construct" a real guitar solo as well as to "construct" a real vocal performance. I agree that it is almost possible to achieve the sound of other instrument parts, but even there are some profs that will tell you something about the lack of feeling and details.

15 minutes ago, kevin H said:

Pretty realistic but our guitar player has drunk and sober modes that I have not seen emulated yet

Coming soon from NI........

Drunk guitarist..........where the rest of the band try not to let it show that once again he messed up the solo....

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

I'd rather listen to your playing, if you don't mind.

I don't think this is a good idea! I bungled the newer solos with Melodyne, because I was believing in their timing recognition (it sounds now more artificial like a VSTi). And the older solos in the band were never recorded or released.

12 minutes ago, marled said:

you can just do it coping real playing, but you would never do it in "constructing" a solo

Ah, here's what you mean! I get you now. I'm still thinking it's doable, to an acceptable level, if you have the skills and know what you want to achieve. But I forgot to say that typically it would require outrageous amount of work. Yeah, I get you now.

19 minutes ago, marled said:

Also if you play a real solo, sometimes you draw the pitch into the correct value, i.e. first you bend the string and then you let it go into the correct pitch.

That's actually very simple to do with pitch bender, I can do it when simulating a guitar solo as well when playing a solo on a synth. Quite common trick :).

1 minute ago, chris.r said:
23 minutes ago, marled said:

Also if you play a real solo, sometimes you draw the pitch into the correct value, i.e. first you bend the string and then you let it go into the correct pitch.

That's actually very simple to do with pitch bender, I can do it when simulating a guitar solo as well when playing a solo on a synth. Quite common trick :).

Yes, that is what I meant it is possible by recreating a real solo, but you will not do it the same way if you play the guitar solo on a keyboard, never!!!!

16 hours ago, Magic Russ said:

20 years ago I would not have expected a sampled product to have this much realism for lead guitar.  Now I am wondering how long until they have add ons to recreate various players' styles.

When there has been some evolution over the last decades this does not automatically mean that it goes on like this in the future. The best example of what I say are the future expectations of the 60s and 70s. Just look at the science fiction movies of that time, only a fraction of their ideas became true!

9 minutes ago, marled said:

When there has been some evolution over the last decades this does not automatically mean that it goes on like this in the future. The best example of what I say are the future expectations of the 60s and 70s. Just look at the science fiction movies of that time, only a fraction of their ideas became true!

Not all advances have been made public. For instance i just came back from the future and 200 years later cclarry is still posting deals. Maybe he is not human after all. Explains the speed he posts deals.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, kevin H said:

i just came back from the future and 200 years later cclarry is still posting deals

Was his neighbour 280 or did she really forget the way he drove her around when she needed to get places?

Edited by paulo

• 2 weeks later...