Some arp fun

Wookiee

On 2/25/2021 at 6:56 PM, freddy j said:

you do have a talent for mixing up some great sounds

Thank you Freddy.

I did not mention what I had used but for those interested the instruments used were as follows, all voices based on supplied presets, but they all come with knobs to tweak, when one has access to a knob one must play,  filters to tweak, envelopes to modify, voicing to change etc etc etc.

Arturia V8 Collection
Emulator II V Ver 1
OB-Xa V Ver 1
DX7 V Ver 1
CS-80 VF Ver 3

The bassline stabs with the clavinova feel is so cool and right around 54sec mark it breaks into a TRON sounding feel except with the nylon guitar running the bassline. I love love this stuff!!! 1:45! Wow...TRON! I love it!!!!

Ok, you may not appreciate that reference but that's what it inspires me too. Good stuff brother.

• Thanks 1

Nice piece, very fluid and clean. I would enjoy some dramatic sustained dirty lows in there booming in now and then, just what I would add next if it was my piece.  Of course just a taste thing. It has a lot of movement and upper energy that carries it along nicely and some unexpected changes. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Ruralrocker2010 said:

Did you design the arp or were you just goofing with stock stuff

Thanks for listening @Ruralrocker2010, all the Synths used have built in Arpeggiates, in this case set to as played. All the voices started as presets but as I said above the Arturia synths are infinitely tweakable, consequently none of the voices are as they were originally programmed.  Here at The 4077 we say when one is presented with a knob one must play?

At the first time you mention around the 50 sec mark that is the OB-XA a voice called ABC-2 Bells renamed ABC-2 Bells1a because if you compared the front panel settings you would be hard pushed to say they are the same patch. At 1:45 the DX 7 shows its face for the first time again tweaked beyond recognition.    

At At the 2:14 mark the CS-80 shows it face with some heavy use of Aftertouch sitting under all the other voices as they play an Arp pattern though the Arpeggiators have bene disabled and the notes of the arp pattern are split over the Emulator, OB and DX7.  Making it fun to play.

Again thanks for listening, commenting and showing interest in how it got here.