Roland Juno DS INS File. Here it is, updated March 2019

happyrat1

Someone got me started on this today and did most the of the heavy lifting so I completed the file today by cleaning out the illegal characters and adding Juno Di drum kits to the file.  Here is what seems to be a good, working  INS file for the Roland Juno DS complete with patches and drum kits.  Thanks to those who worked on this before me and please post any improvements you might make in  this thread.

Gary ;)

Roland-Juno-DS-200-ins.zip

You're very welcome. :)

It was my pleasure to share with the community. :)

I've done about a half dozen of these over the past two decades and I've always appreciated when others shared their work and advice to save me the trouble.

I consider it to be one of Cakewalk's strongest features that the format of the INS file remained constant through every generation.

This has been one of the main reasons I've remained loyal to the platform since last century. :)

Gary ;)

• 1 year later...

Hi my name is Greg Steel and i'm totally blind.  I use Cakewalk Sonar 8.5 Producer with CakeTalking from Dancing Dots.  I have the Juno-DS-88 and I have ben looking for a .ins file for at least 2 years now since I got it for my 40th birthday.  Thank you so very much for creating it.  This just made my day!

Thanks Gary,

I too created a version of this file, should have used yours. For peoples interest, this link explains how to number the banks using the MSB and LSB numbers.

https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=SONAR%20X2&language=3&help=Instrument_Defs.07.html

Always one of my favourite poly synths. My friend had the first one that had a weird multi pin midi cable and adaptor. He used it with his Atari. 

I use this VST anytime I need FAT strings. Its only 32 bit but seems stable still. 

2020-05-13.png

• 2 years later...

Hi, I used your file Gary and aded the Drum Patches ( before I found you'd done this). Now I want to add the Expansion pack EXP-02 Keys, that I downlaoded from Axial. Now I worked in IT so I was able to figure out how the tags relate in the .ins file. I created a list of the patch instrument names, but I can't figure out what the  Patch[xxxxx]=JUNO-DS EXP-02 Keys  , number(xxxxx) , must be?  Once I have this I will share the file, so you can have the EXP-02 sounds listed in Cakewalk. Can anyone help?